Computer Reboots On It's Own

March 15, 2005 11:49:02 PM

i will be in the middle of doing something and my comp will just reboot on
its own, its really irritating me and i dunno what is wrong or what i can do
to fix it, plz someone get back to me

More about : computer reboots

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:49:02 AM

Try control-panel,administration,open event viewer,see whats taken place.
If you click on the url for the event/warning this opens help/support in xp,
usually with a fix or solution.Usually computers restart or revert back to
boot up,is a hardware problem.However to double chk,create a new user,run
in new user,see if it ends the problem,if so,the other user account is
corrupted,
delete account.

"Jess" wrote:

> i will be in the middle of doing something and my comp will just reboot on
> its own, its really irritating me and i dunno what is wrong or what i can do
> to fix it, plz someone get back to me
March 16, 2005 3:51:03 AM

I agree that it is most likely that there is an incompatible driver for a
device which causes the problem. Do you get a BSOD message?

On restarting the machine, there is another option you could try: at the
point after BIOS finishies and it goes to load Xp; press F8 and then choose
the option 'not to restart on errors' [or wording similar].

This may assist to identify the device which causes the problem, where an
inspection in Device Manager does not reveal any 'yellow exclamation marks'.

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Try control-panel,administration,open event viewer,see whats taken place.
> If you click on the url for the event/warning this opens help/support in xp,
> usually with a fix or solution.Usually computers restart or revert back to
> boot up,is a hardware problem.However to double chk,create a new user,run
> in new user,see if it ends the problem,if so,the other user account is
> corrupted,
> delete account.
>
> "Jess" wrote:
>
> > i will be in the middle of doing something and my comp will just reboot on
> > its own, its really irritating me and i dunno what is wrong or what i can do
> > to fix it, plz someone get back to me
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:37:33 PM

You could right click on My Computer and then on Properties.
Click on the Advanced Tab.
At the bottom under Startup and Recovery,
Click on the Settings Button.
Under System Failure,
Take the check our for Automatically Restart.

This way when the computer reboots on it's own you will see a Blue Screen
with white text on it. This will be the error message. Perhaps you can get
some info as to what is causing it. Near the bottom will usually be a file
name in most cases and you can use this info to track down the problem by
searching or posting here again with the info and maybe someone can help you
further.

!