network adaptor icon gone????

hello. I ran my anti virus program(kaspersky) and it detected a couple
of viruses. I continued to delete them. immediately after I lost my
internet connection. I continued to check my connectons, and realized
that my icon for network adaptor had been totally lost. I was going to
delete it, then reinstall my drivers, but i guess i cant do it if it
isnt there. Does any one have any suggestions what my problem might
be, and point me in the right direction as to what ill have to do to
get my internet connection back

thanks
dave

--
daveem

the netsh command in SP2 can rebuild your Winsock. Open the command prompt and type: netsh winsock reset , then press ENTER.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509