Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

temp files in user/local settings

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:05:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

i like to keep the machine clean, but in
c/docs&settings/user/local settings/temp
loads of IMT[number].xml and AAX[number].tmp files keep piling up...

what are these, can they be safely deleted, can i prevent them appearing,
can i make them automatically disappear?

thanks in advance

[acer 1362 wlmi, winxp home, sp2+updates, normal set of programs...)
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:04:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
..
"jmattis" <jmattis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37352D61-365A-4080-BADF-9CBE86B3F218@microsoft.com...
>i like to keep the machine clean, but in
> c/docs&settings/user/local settings/temp
> loads of IMT[number].xml and AAX[number].tmp files keep piling up...
>
> what are these, can they be safely deleted, can i prevent them appearing,
> can i make them automatically disappear?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> [acer 1362 wlmi, winxp home, sp2+updates, normal set of programs...)
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:04:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

been there, done that... no help.
also tried system mechanic, reg cleaner, spybot, defrag, disk cleaner and am
100 % sure i have no viruses, trojans or other malware - apart maybe
something that comes with win xp or office2003...

anyone else wanna try?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> ..
> "jmattis" <jmattis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37352D61-365A-4080-BADF-9CBE86B3F218@microsoft.com...
> >i like to keep the machine clean, but in
> > c/docs&settings/user/local settings/temp
> > loads of IMT[number].xml and AAX[number].tmp files keep piling up...
> >
> > what are these, can they be safely deleted, can i prevent them appearing,
> > can i make them automatically disappear?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > [acer 1362 wlmi, winxp home, sp2+updates, normal set of programs...)
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:41:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

On restart, %TEMP% needs nothing from the previous session.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
..
"jmattis" <jmattis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:186DB7C8-9156-493E-B46F-2C15620B9F20@microsoft.com...
> been there, done that... no help.
> also tried system mechanic, reg cleaner, spybot, defrag, disk cleaner and am
> 100 % sure i have no viruses, trojans or other malware - apart maybe
> something that comes with win xp or office2003...
>
> anyone else wanna try?
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "jmattis" <jmattis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37352D61-365A-4080-BADF-9CBE86B3F218@microsoft.com...
>> >i like to keep the machine clean, but in
>> > c/docs&settings/user/local settings/temp
>> > loads of IMT[number].xml and AAX[number].tmp files keep piling up...
>> >
>> > what are these, can they be safely deleted, can i prevent them appearing,
>> > can i make them automatically disappear?
>> >
>> > thanks in advance
>> >
>> > [acer 1362 wlmi, winxp home, sp2+updates, normal set of programs...)
>>
>>
>>
Related resources
!