Sign in with
Your question

How do i use a laptop and dual monitors

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 14, 2012 7:21:26 PM

Hello,
I am trying to set up two 51 inch plasma tv's in a classroom setting that has a DVD player attached. I have managed to get both the tv's to show what is playing on the dvd with no problems. I also have to be able to run from a laptop programs and internet access and it show on both tv's and laptop. Is this possible? If so how?

More about : laptop dual monitors

March 14, 2012 7:39:08 PM

Only way is with a docking station that can host a video card with dual output if one would even fit. May not work. I have a Laptop with one ext. screen and the laptop screen. Can't say for sure with three screens if it can work.
m
l
a b D Laptop
March 14, 2012 7:54:29 PM

If your laptop supports dual monitors then you just need to buy a dongle that splits your laptop's connector into two connectors.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
March 14, 2012 7:55:48 PM

Actually, it should show up already since you've got the dvd playing from the laptop right?
m
l
March 14, 2012 8:02:49 PM

Does your laptop have an HDMI port? If so, you just need to purchase a HDMI hub. The # of TV's you connect to it is only limited by the # of ports on the hub.
m
l
a c 248 D Laptop
March 14, 2012 9:32:52 PM

Hi :) 

What they are saying above is that a single lappy will NOT have the graphics power for 2 big screens...without external assistance...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b D Laptop
March 15, 2012 2:43:44 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

What they are saying above is that a single lappy will NOT have the graphics power for 2 big screens...without external assistance...

All the best Brett :) 

Yeah, I did not take that into account, Brett; Good job.
m
l
!