Change Path of the installed Program

Hi,
I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
whatsoever?I have so many users to change

TIA

start/run, type %allusersprofile%

The ..\Start Menu\Programs folder can contain one shortcut to the correct path, that is seen on all desktops

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"rupart" <rupart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D06757-0141-48B8-A68A-9BCEABFAE30B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
> target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
> C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
> right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
> whatsoever?I have so many users to change
>
> TIA

Royce

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

just curious, but it matter that much that the folder is named temp instead
of live

"rupart" wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
> target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
> C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
> right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
> whatsoever?I have so many users to change
>
> TIA

Royce

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

heres a simple batch file that makes a directory C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE
then move the webber.exe from the C:\Documents and Settings\temp directory
to the new directory (C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE) it then deletes the old
directory (C:\Documents and Settings\temp)
SO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO OTHER FILES IN THE TEMP DIRCTORY BESIDES THE
WEBBER.EXE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED!!!
@echo off
cd /d c:\
cd docume~1
mkdir LIVE
move /y c:\docume~1\temp\webber.exe c:\docume~1\live
rmdir /s /q c:\docume~1\temp
exit

"rupart" wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
> target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
> C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
> right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
> whatsoever?I have so many users to change
>
> TIA

Royce

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

forgot this line in the batch file (add this line before the last line: [exit])
copy /y c:\docume~1\live\webber.exe %allusers%\startm~1\webber.exe

"Royce" wrote:

> heres a simple batch file that makes a directory C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE
> then move the webber.exe from the C:\Documents and Settings\temp directory
> to the new directory (C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE) it then deletes the old
> directory (C:\Documents and Settings\temp)
> SO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO OTHER FILES IN THE TEMP DIRCTORY BESIDES THE
> WEBBER.EXE OR THEY WILL BE DELETED!!!
> @echo off
> cd /d c:\
> cd docume~1
> mkdir LIVE
> move /y c:\docume~1\temp\webber.exe c:\docume~1\live
> rmdir /s /q c:\docume~1\temp
> exit
>

> "rupart" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
> > target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
> > C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
> > right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
> > whatsoever?I have so many users to change
> >
> > TIA

Royce

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

hmmmmm...... this looks like your first reply and i have noticed this with
you in other post. whats up with you? is there a reason for this?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> start/run, type %allusersprofile%
>
> The ..\Start Menu\Programs folder can contain one shortcut to the correct path, that is seen on all desktops
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "rupart" <rupart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D06757-0141-48B8-A68A-9BCEABFAE30B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I installed a program and it's in start menu. When i right click it it's
> > target is in C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Webber.exe. How do i change to
> > C:\Documents and Settings\LIVE\Webber.exe? I dont want to change manually by
> > right clicking and change the path but how can i do using script or
> > whatsoever?I have so many users to change
> >
> > TIA

guys,
maybe i dint clarify why i need that... ok, this is more to the binary
executable where in TEMp, there will be all the beta testing files. Once it's
moved to PRODUCTION, we have to make sure the users point to LIVE folder and
this is not on single pc but all the users in diff pcs...

Well, i hope you guys get what i mean :-D