Trampas

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004
I was looking for a new monitor and was reading reviews and found that the P95f+ had good ratings so instead of a 21" I thought I would go with a dual head 19" system. So I ordered two P95f+ monitors and have been cursing ever since.

First off both of the monitors are pretty much unusable at any resoultion other than 800x600, anything above this and the quality is very poor, lots of aliasing, etc. Of course I have tried all the refresh rates and monitor settings, different video cards and different computers.

Well since both monitors were the same I first figured that it was a crappy product and called the company I ordered them from to return them. Well they say that Viewsonic will not let them accept returns on monitors. By the way the company is www.securemart.com so you can check for yourself...

So I called Viewsonic, took digital pictures of monitor showing all the problems and they agreed to warrenty the monitors. Well I got the first replacement after waiting 3 weeks, and it has the same problem. Called Viewsonic again and this time the tech support hung up on me. Called again this week and they said they will test the return unit but can not help me any further. I have not recieved the second warrenty unit, going on the 4th week now.

Just goes to show that even if you do your home work and look at Toms hardware for reviews you can still get a really crappy product! Personally I think Viewsonic changed their design after sending out units for review, thus making it a crappy product, but with great reviews.

Just so others don't make my mistake. Never Ever buy a monitor you can not test in person!!!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Contact your credit card company and get your money back.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

Trampas

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004
I actually tried that. The credit card company and I called Viewsonic. Viewsonic said they did not have such an agreement. Then we called SecureMart and they said "you will have to call back when my manager is here".

So I have tried again with the credit card company. This time I got a manager and he keeps saying he can not return the product because of an agreement with Viewsonic. Viewsonic says they have no agreement. He also says that since the product does not meet my expectations that it is not a vaild reason for return. Or as he puts it "It's not my fault that Viewsonic makes a crappy product."

So basically I am stuck with two expensive paper weights.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Make enough noise and they might listen. Otherwise ebay them to get back as much as possible.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Do you have those pictures posted somewhere so that we can look at the problems you are describing?

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

TRENDING THREADS