Phalanx01

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
It seems that the source of my crash trouble and constant shutdowns is, yes you guessed it, my graphics card! I currently have a MSI Geforce FX 5900 Ultra 256Mb (yes, I payed the price for this worthless piece of crap)... I should have known better, I admit it... I should have listened to you people...

So, I'm gonna RMA the card back and pray to whatever deity I can come up with that the next Nvidia card I get KINDA works. At least I'd be glad if my system wouldn't constantly crash again. Otherwise I'll switch back to good old ATI. At least I can depend on those cards, curse the day I descided to sell my RADEON 8500! Back to my 32mb graphics card for now... *last time I ever buy such an expensive system again*

Is it a bad thing if there is smoke coming out of my case?

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
it's not a worthless piece of crap.... u got the nBox o_O? if u did get the nBox then u are my new best friend (sorry Grape :D) and MSI should give u a working card :D~~~~ u should try reformat or reinstall though~~ sometimes Software is the problem

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Ol' Rover's gonna be drooling all over his new high-end toy!!!

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
You guy's would give your right nut for that card, and yet you dis it so badly. I can 99.9% guarantee you that the card he has is fine, it's just something else fuucked up with his system.

I help because you suck.