How much would this laptop be worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQuack45

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hi, I'm curious how much this laptop would be worth.
It's a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a 2.1 ghz Pentium processor, 4 GB of ram, 320 GB of storage (a little less than 300 GB is visible), and integrated Intel graphics. The battery is new (had to buy a new one), and holds charge when not gaming (my main use), otherwise it dies somewhat quickly even on just Minecraft. The keyboard is partly broken; F, J, K, and L will not work until the computer heats up, and D must be pressed down and towards you for it to register. The webcam and microphone will not work (it's not a driver issue, tried that), and the screen backlight will occasionally stop
working, but it's an easy fix. It has Windows 7 Home Premium. How much is this worth?
Thanks!

Hi :)

You OBVIOUSLY did NOT tell them about the faults....

Even so a 1545 is a VERY OLD lappy these days.....its not worth $250 even in PERFECT working order....

All the best Brett :)

TheQuack45

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I mentioned the partially working keyboard.. it didn't give me the option to say the webcam didn't work..
but while this may be a bad laptop, it's lasted the longest out of all the computers I've had. I've owned about 3, and my second one was an HP and the charging port broke so now it won't turn on. It's on a table next to me right now... I wish I could get it to turn on >_>. I now hate HP for that one. But really, this Dell has been dropped at least 5 times, and it's working wonderfully despite the other issues, and I have to give Dell a point for durability in this case.

TheQuack45

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Well... I'm curious now what the HP I mentioned in my previous post is worth.
So, let's see.
It's an HP Pavilion dv6700 Special Edition,
with an Intel Centrino at 2.0 GHz,
4GB of RAM,
250 GB of storage space,
integrated Intel graphics (according to the website it's Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100),
with remote, all parts in perfect condition.
Except for one.

The power jack is broken.
So basically, while it's in great condition, it's dead and won't turn on.
It's a $20 fix, but you have to know how to sauter.
Gadgetvalue gave me a ridiculous number (I think) again of $300 bucks.
Of course, I didn't get an option to say the charge issue, but still, that's a crazy number. Also, the year is probably off. I wrote that I got the laptop in 2008, which I think is true because HP.com says the warranty expired in 2009 and it was a 1 year warranty.
So, how much is this thing worth? Probably like $20?

Hi :)

That particular machine we wouldnt buy even for parts....

The DV 6 series had too many generic faults...its actually the ONLY make/model we wouldnt buy for parts...

That $20 fix by the way we charge £109.80 to do lol...

IF it was all working, you could probably sell it for $100 ish...

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.