Sapphire 9600 Pro 128Mb for $123?

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Hi to everybody,

I've seen this today and it seems to me a very good price. It's from a good manufacturer, it's retail and is sold by a reliable online store. I haven't done an extensive search lately but, for this price, I was thinking this would be a good upgrade for my aging GF3Ti500, even my idea was to wait until December.

Here you have a <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=14-102-289&depa=0&refer=bizrate" target="_new">link</A> to it.

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

cleeve

Illustrious
Wow... $123. That's low.

I hope it's not the 9600 PRO "lite" version that Spaphire offers with the GPU set to pro speeds but the memory running slower. But from what I can see it looks like a genuine PRO.

Super deal and a great upgrade from a GF3Ti500.

------------------
Radeon 9500 (modded to PRO w/8 pixel pipelines)
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3529

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
How can you tell that this one is a pro? I don't see the memory & the GPU clock settings posted anywhere on the site. Also, it is advertised as a "Radeon 9600" & not a "Radeon 9600 Pro". Did I miss a link or somthing? However, if this is a "Pro", then that's a VERY VERY good price.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Ups, you are right!

I usually look for real time pricing on Anandtech, and the best price for "Sapphire 9600 Pro" points to that site at that product. But now I think that probably is an error from Anandtech site. Too good to be good :frown:

Thanks UFO_WARVIPER, you save me from a mistake!

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown: