Faxing with a Calling Card

I am trying to fax long distance while using a calling card. I'm quite sure
I've setup the calling card correctly as a "new location". My problem is that
when I specify the destination number (i.e. (XXX) XXX-XXX) and check "Use
dialing rules" and verify that "Calling card" is selected in the drop-down
menu, it still dials the destination number instead of using the calling
card. So how do I get windows to detect that my destination number is a long
distance number and use the calling card for long distance calls?

I found my own answer. Apparently, Win XP by design won't let you apply
dialing rules with the fax tool. Here's the link
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318575

"Eyeman" wrote:

> I am trying to fax long distance while using a calling card. I'm quite sure
> I've setup the calling card correctly as a "new location". My problem is that
> when I specify the destination number (i.e. (XXX) XXX-XXX) and check "Use
> dialing rules" and verify that "Calling card" is selected in the drop-down
> menu, it still dials the destination number instead of using the calling
> card. So how do I get windows to detect that my destination number is a long
> distance number and use the calling card for long distance calls?

It works - I have faxed long distance using a calling card .
That KB article shows you a workaround for dialing long distance using
the canonical form.