river question

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders of
one U.S state?

"goonie" <goon@gooninc.com> wrote in message
> What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders
of
> one U.S state?

The Snake (Idaho)?

Steve Grant wrote:

> "goonie" <goon@gooninc.com> wrote in message
>> What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within
>> the borders of one U.S state?
>
> The Snake (Idaho)?

The Snake is not completely in Idaho. The headwaters are in
Wyoming and it flows into the Columbia in Washington. Along the
way it forms part of the Idaho-Oregon border.

I hope the intended answer is not the Potomac. There's a fairly
well known factoid that, despite the fact that it forms the
border with Virginia, the entire river is in Maryland. The border
is along the Virginia shore. And it's quite wide when it flows
into Chesapeake Bay. However, I'm fairly sure it's not the
longest river within a state even ignoring the fact that part of
the river is in DC.

--
Dan Tilque

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <8Aptd.63209$K7.50231@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, goon@gooninc.com says...
> What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders of
> one U.S state?

Tanana River, Alaska

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <MPG.1c2003a6c73c06de989b16@netnews.comcast.net>, usenet@MarcDashevsky.com
says...
> In article <8Aptd.63209$K7.50231@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, goon@gooninc.com says...
> > What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders of
> > one U.S state?
>
> Tanana River, Alaska

or Kuskokwim River, Alaska. I think they're about the same length.

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

nope

"Marc Dashevsky" <usenet@MarcDashevsky.com> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.1c2003a6c73c06de989b16@netnews.comcast.net>,
> usenet@MarcDashevsky.com
> says...
>> In article <8Aptd.63209$K7.50231@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>> goon@gooninc.com says...
>> > What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the
>> > borders of
>> > one U.S state?
>>
>> Tanana River, Alaska
>
> or Kuskokwim River, Alaska. I think they're about the same length.
>
> --
> Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

no sorry

goonie wrote:

> What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders of
> one U.S state?

Brazos River?

--Jeff

--
It is only those who have neither
fired a shot nor heard the shrieks

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls
the pain of stupidity.
--Frank William Leahy

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <10reaii3p91qg00@corp.supernews.com>, jturner@localnet.com says...
> goonie wrote:
>
> > What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders of
> > one U.S state?
>
> Brazos River?

Looks like that's the one -- 1,490 km.

--

In article <MPG.1c20fce324d1d84e989b1c@netnews.comcast.net>,
Marc Dashevsky <usenet@MarcDashevsky.com> wrote:

> In article <10reaii3p91qg00@corp.supernews.com>, jturner@localnet.com says...
> > goonie wrote:
> >
> > > What is the longest and widest river that lies wholly within the borders
> > > of
> > > one U.S state?
> >
> > Brazos River?
>
> Looks like that's the one -- 1,490 km.

Wow! And I thought all of the rivers in the US were measured in miles!

:)

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

it was the scioti

In article <motvd.71987$K7.68957@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, goon@gooninc.com says...
> it was the scioti

What are you talking about? I cannot find a river called Scioti.
In Ohio there is a Scioto River that is around 230 miles long.

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.