Error: svchost.exe application and Data Execution Preventi..

I'm getting two error messages.

Occasionally, a program will freeze and I get
" Data Execution Prevention; to help protect your computer, Windows has
closed the following program. Name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"

When I restart I get
"svchost.exe application error; the instruction at 0x009n966c referenced
memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written."

When this occurs, I often can not see installed programs when I click the
start menu everything is blank. I sometimes have to restart several times.

The computer and software is only 3 months old. I've already done a complete
system restore but I still have this problem. All my virus and privacy
software is up to date and I get automatic Windows updates.

Suggestions.
1 answer Last reply
More about error svchost application data execution preventi

    If not installed download Adaware and / or update Reference file
    from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ and use it to remove
    parasites.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "dwest" <dwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm getting two error messages.
    >
    > Occasionally, a program will freeze and I get
    > " Data Execution Prevention; to help protect your computer, Windows
    > has
    > closed the following program. Name: Generic Host Process for Win32
    > Services"
    >
    > When I restart I get
    > "svchost.exe application error; the instruction at 0x009n966c
    > referenced
    > memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written."
    >
    > When this occurs, I often can not see installed programs when I click
    > the
    > start menu everything is blank. I sometimes have to restart several
    > times.
    >
    > The computer and software is only 3 months old. I've already done a
    > complete
    > system restore but I still have this problem. All my virus and privacy
    > software is up to date and I get automatic Windows updates.
    >
    > Suggestions.

Svchost.Exe Windows XP