Error: svchost.exe application and Data Execution Preventi..

March 16, 2005 11:29:02 AM

I'm getting two error messages.

Occasionally, a program will freeze and I get
" Data Execution Prevention; to help protect your computer, Windows has
closed the following program. Name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"

When I restart I get
"svchost.exe application error; the instruction at 0x009n966c referenced
memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written."

When this occurs, I often can not see installed programs when I click the
start menu everything is blank. I sometimes have to restart several times.

The computer and software is only 3 months old. I've already done a complete
system restore but I still have this problem. All my virus and privacy
software is up to date and I get automatic Windows updates.

Suggestions.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:30:01 AM

If not installed download Adaware and / or update Reference file
from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ and use it to remove
parasites.

--

Hope this helps.