Error copying Files: Filename too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi
after upgrading my XP professional 2002 to SP2 i am facing a strange
problem. There are certain files which i m not able to copy to my
machine (which i earlier used to without any problem). And some other
files whose filename is exactly of same length(but filename different)
and in the same folder.. can be copied without any problem. Exact
error message is "The resulting file name is too long. Specify a
different file name". In fact the new path that i am copying these
files to is actually shorter by 2 characters.
Can someone please help.It’s very important!!!
Regards
Gaurav

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Error-copying-Files-Filename-long-ftopict345013.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1081254

How long is the file name?

Files, Folders, or Path Names with More Than 259 Characters Are Not
Displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210631

--

Hope this helps.