1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Not necessarily portable, but I don't want it to be a huge and heavy monster.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I would like it to have the option to change between integrated graphics and the video card for optimum battery life(if possible). Also, I would like to have a better battery life than a Mac.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. WoW (High, or Ultra as WoW lists it).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
College work, multiple tabs browsing, word/excel/powerpoint, music, etc... Nothing fancy
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb should be fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg, or any good U.S. site.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years or more if possible.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Personally, I like Lenovo, Asus, Toshiba. I don't like Dell, Alienware because I feel they are way to expensive.
13. What country do you live in?
Panama, but i have a P.O. Box in the U.S. and I may buy it from Newegg.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I just want an okay laptop for gaming while I am at college.
Sometimes a laptop can be a good option for a gamer. I have a Sager and it runs games pretty well. I mainly play starcraft 2, skyrim, and witcher 2, and it runs all of those titles maxed out at 60fps except for the witcher 2, where I have to bump down the resolution to get 60 fps.
It is much more portable that I imagined it would be. I move around a lot and it is great to not have to transport a massive desktop every time I change houses. I take it to visit family on the holodays. Will it run games as well as a desktop? Absolutely not, but it still runs most of them very well and can be a good option for some people. I don't know what is going on with all the hate against gaming laptops these days.