XBOX2 graphics will be with the...

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Check <A HREF="http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4811" target="_new">here</A> for the specs on what video core the Xbox2 will have from ATI. Think of the possibilities of PS 2.0 or even PS 3.0 support!!! I'd even buy the console just to check that stuff out. And I've haven't bought squat since the SNES days. I mean, come on...the R500 for the Xbox2? This thing could be huge...and it all depends on how they market it.

<font color=blue>other people's lives
seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Modest Mouse</font color=green>

TKS

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
This VPU is being designed with the latest technologies in mind, such as GDDR2 SDRAM provided by Samsung running at 1600 MHz. A 128-bit configuration is capable of providing up to 25.6 GB/s peak bandwidth, while its 256-bit mode brings up to a shocking 51.2GB/s peak bandwidth!!! Samsung’s GDDR2 256-megabit memory will enable graphics memory cards of 512 MB, althought it is impossible to confirm if the Xbox 2 will feature such amount of system memory.
<b><i><font color=red>SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!</b></i></font color=red>

I'll comment rationally on this later when my pangs of exctasy subside.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
poof~~ all of u KNOW that X-Box is just all about SPECs, PS3 will crush it ;)

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Calm down guys, calm down. A 'derivative' of the R500 may not (and probably wont be) be more powerful than the best R420 coming out late this year/early next year. Think about it, they're gonna have to sell this console for only 300-500 bux (well see). A radeon 9800 Pro alone cost 400 when it came out, and I would expect future flagships to cost that much or more.

So much for the 9600 idea though, eh?

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
OMG TKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed your sig!!!!

MODEST MOUSE ROCKS MAN!!!

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Okay, here we go. First of all, the graphics don't make the system. Most Xbox games are graphically superior to those on PS2, but I'd take a PS2 for its games anyday.

Secondly, TeamXbox is a speculatory, Xbox-fanboy run site. They post a lot of BS based on vague rumors. You guys should be smarter than to base judgement of superiority on speculatory specs. I mean, come on, 1600mHz GDDR2? How could they ever be sure of that? That stuff doesn't even exist! And this chip is the "derivative" of a chip that is set to be the successor to one that is coming out in a few months. Yeah, right. We don't even know R420's specs, but they know the specs of its successor. I don't think so!! And I highly doubt they would put such a new graphics chip in a console so soon because it is bound to be very expensive.

On top of all that, they don't have ANY proof. Sure, Microsoft and ATi are all hush-hush, but their "source" knows all the gritty details. How do you spell hear-say? Sorry guys, I don't want you to think that I'm calling you dumb (I'm not; those specs are impressive), but I can't believe that all you all believe THIS.

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
This VPU is being designed with the latest technologies in mind, such as GDDR2 SDRAM provided by Samsung running at 1600 MHz. A 128-bit configuration is capable of providing up to 25.6 GB/s peak bandwidth, while its 256-bit mode brings up to a shocking 51.2GB/s peak bandwidth!!! Samsung’s GDDR2 256-megabit memory will enable graphics memory cards of 512 MB, althought it is impossible to confirm if the Xbox 2 will feature such amount of system memory.

well did u know the new GameStation 4 from Nintendo-Sony
has a even better VPU

This VPU is being designed with the latest technologies in mind, such as GDDR4 DDRAM provided by Winbond running at 6400 MHz. A 1024-bit configuration is capable of providing up to 150.4 GB/s peak bandwidth, while its 2048-bit mode brings up to a shocking 300.8GB/s peak bandwidth!!! Winbond's GDDR4 2048-megabit memory will enable graphics memory cards of 4096 MB, althought it is impossible to confirm if the GameStation will feature such amount of system memory.

;) see anyone can make up stuff like this
NOW EVERYONE TRY :D

120% nVidia Fanboy

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
BingoBangoBongo. Blam, blam, blam. Squirt, that is EXACTLY what I was trying to say. You are a genius.

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>

Sega Dream-Blaster Specs;

Two Atari 2600s running in parallel via duct-tapefied ribbon cable attached to a VIC-20.

Beat that Suckas!

The Return of: Combat, PitFall, Montazuma's Revenge and of course ET!

:cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL indeed.
A little too much froth in this post.
I wonder if we could have a small reality check please? :smile:

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
THANK YOU :D

120% nVidia Fanboy

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Nope...they dumped em.

seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>

TKS

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Hells ya d00d. I love modest mouse. Some think I'm too old to like em but my wife loves em and turned me onto em. So now we go around to all the shows and what not. Bein on the east coast helps a bit I guess.

seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>

TKS

fragglefart

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
New Sega console based on the sony "cell" utilising 300,000 banks of master system-to-game gear converters shrunk down to a staggering .60 nanometer process. A revolutionary audio experience brought home to the tech-lover with an army of surround-sound big band fleas.
The controller is a revolutionary shlong adapter based on previously undisclosed Voodoo 2048-bit graphics card technology which stimulates the testes and makes user's eyes glaze over in pretty patterns, removing the need for monitors AND old fasioned hand-reliant input devices.
The games all suck but it feels great,man...

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Ok, so now there are going to be three different flavors of XBox 2? Why would Micro$oft do that?

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

RichPLS

Champion
variety and of course the need for using the veil of confusion, brings in extra cash every time.

<font color=red><pre>_____________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

RichPLS

Champion
No, much more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

<font color=red><pre>_____________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Yeah, but you know that Japanese version of the PS2 that has the hard drive and all that sh*t built in? That big silver thing? It costs like $500? Nobody is buying it and Sony is losing money.

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

G

You asked and I will ans.

There are 3 versions for the XBOX 2 why you ask!

Well the first version which is cut down without a harddrive is aimed at the people without a lot of money retailing for $150 after 12 months this is aimed at younger children and teenagers without s##tloads of cash.

The second xbox2 is the full mid system with HD and a couple over miner extras for $200 to $250 (retail price after 12months).

these will be released next year.

The third will be released in time of SP3 Why to ruin Sonys parade day smart yes, with the price cut of the other two XBOX 2 they will eat away at sonys SP3 sales (Clever marketing) this third xbox2 will have a price tag of $500 approx it will be a pc style console with a DVD writer Cool yes with a optional mouse and keyboard so no more shitty xbox controler for me.

Also the Specs are what microsoft are currently heading for with ati as ATI beat nvidia to the contract. ATI at this moment has more in technology than what nvidia has in the pipline.

Trust me the XBOX2 will be a work of art with games which will be superior to what we see today.

We will have to see if Sony get f##k#d up but at this moment i see XBOX 2 winning because Sonys technology cant compete to what Microsoft have planned.

BEFORE I GET BLASTED I OWN A PS2 I AM NOT BIOS I AM STATING THE FACTS AS THEY STAND RIGHT NOW.

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I feel latley that Consoles are fast food gaming, they purposley make big blockbuster games run like [-peep-] so when they advertise the new system youll be ready to buy into it to have better gaming at reasonable performance levels.

I think its pretty obvious to see that a console is a shitty computer with a specfic intention, gaming. Its obvious to see that in the future the consoles evolution is going to be to become a computer as we know them and use them. But we already have computers.... So wheres that leave consoles?

Reading about Windows Longhorn the article was talking about how Longhorn wants to appeal to gamers by having everything automated so you dont have to set anything up, the type of stuff that turns off everyday people and intimidates them (assigning a directory, updating drivers). With some imagination and foresight, you can take these views and almost see the road extending before consoles and where its going to go.

What is going to eventually happen? The console is going to be able to swap out hardware for upgrades, etc etc??? Then its going to be a computer. I see a point in maybe 10 years where they hopefully finally merge into one and we will all be the winners. I mean what is the point in the future, of having a console when you can swap out the hard drive and video card and the processor???

I guess ive always belived that computers have always been what consoles are trying to evolve to.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rx7000 on 11/12/04 09:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Also the Specs are what microsoft are currently heading for with ati as ATI beat nvidia to the contract. ATI at this moment has more in technology than what nvidia has in the pipline.
Actually it was because Nvidia wasnt willing to move on xbox GPU prices for the current version. As far as anything technology wise, thats a back and forth debate.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Yeah, but remember last time? Sony rushed to have be the first out the door (PS2), and then Microsoft beat them over the head with XBox. Now Microsoft is the one rushing when, IMO, there is still plenty of life left in the XBox. They haven't even <i>unveiled</i> the XBox 2 yet, so I wouldn't make any predictions about which will be the superior console. Also, don't assume that Sony hasn't learned from any of their mistakes with PS2.