Sign in with
Your question

XBOX2 graphics will be with the...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 10, 2003 6:24:14 PM

Check <A HREF="http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4811" target="_new">here</A> for the specs on what video core the Xbox2 will have from ATI. Think of the possibilities of PS 2.0 or even PS 3.0 support!!! I'd even buy the console just to check that stuff out. And I've haven't bought squat since the SNES days. I mean, come on...the R500 for the Xbox2? This thing could be huge...and it all depends on how they market it.

<font color=blue>other people's lives
seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Modest Mouse</font color=green>

TKS

More about : xbox2 graphics

September 10, 2003 11:01:04 PM

they don't use nVidia's chipset anymore?
September 10, 2003 11:29:09 PM

Quote:
This VPU is being designed with the latest technologies in mind, such as GDDR2 SDRAM provided by Samsung running at 1600 MHz. A 128-bit configuration is capable of providing up to 25.6 GB/s peak bandwidth, while its 256-bit mode brings up to a shocking 51.2GB/s peak bandwidth!!! Samsung’s GDDR2 256-megabit memory will enable graphics memory cards of 512 MB, althought it is impossible to confirm if the Xbox 2 will feature such amount of system memory.

<b><i><font color=red>SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!</b></i></font color=red>

I'll comment rationally on this later when my pangs of exctasy subside.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
Related resources
September 10, 2003 11:52:58 PM

poof~~ all of u KNOW that X-Box is just all about SPECs, PS3 will crush it ;) 

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
September 11, 2003 12:05:06 AM

Calm down guys, calm down. A 'derivative' of the R500 may not (and probably wont be) be more powerful than the best R420 coming out late this year/early next year. Think about it, they're gonna have to sell this console for only 300-500 bux (well see). A radeon 9800 Pro alone cost 400 when it came out, and I would expect future flagships to cost that much or more.

So much for the 9600 idea though, eh?

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd
September 11, 2003 12:10:38 AM

OMG TKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed your sig!!!!

MODEST MOUSE ROCKS MAN!!!

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd
September 11, 2003 12:16:35 AM

Okay, here we go. First of all, the graphics don't make the system. Most Xbox games are graphically superior to those on PS2, but I'd take a PS2 for its games anyday.

Secondly, TeamXbox is a speculatory, Xbox-fanboy run site. They post a lot of BS based on vague rumors. You guys should be smarter than to base judgement of superiority on speculatory specs. I mean, come on, 1600mHz GDDR2? How could they ever be sure of that? That stuff doesn't even exist! And this chip is the "derivative" of a chip that is set to be the successor to one that is coming out in a few months. Yeah, right. We don't even know R420's specs, but they know the specs of its successor. I don't think so!! And I highly doubt they would put such a new graphics chip in a console so soon because it is bound to be very expensive.

On top of all that, they don't have ANY proof. Sure, Microsoft and ATi are all hush-hush, but their "source" knows all the gritty details. How do you spell hear-say? Sorry guys, I don't want you to think that I'm calling you dumb (I'm not; those specs are impressive), but I can't believe that all you all believe THIS.

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>
September 11, 2003 12:42:08 AM

This VPU is being designed with the latest technologies in mind, such as GDDR2 SDRAM provided by Samsung running at 1600 MHz. A 128-bit configuration is capable of providing up to 25.6 GB/s peak bandwidth, while its 256-bit mode brings up to a shocking 51.2GB/s peak bandwidth!!! Samsung’s GDDR2 256-megabit memory will enable graphics memory cards of 512 MB, althought it is impossible to confirm if the Xbox 2 will feature such amount of system memory.

well did u know the new GameStation 4 from Nintendo-Sony
has a even better VPU

This VPU is being designed with the latest technologies in mind, such as GDDR4 DDRAM provided by Winbond running at 6400 MHz. A 1024-bit configuration is capable of providing up to 150.4 GB/s peak bandwidth, while its 2048-bit mode brings up to a shocking 300.8GB/s peak bandwidth!!! Winbond's GDDR4 2048-megabit memory will enable graphics memory cards of 4096 MB, althought it is impossible to confirm if the GameStation will feature such amount of system memory.

;)  see anyone can make up stuff like this
NOW EVERYONE TRY :D 

120% nVidia Fanboy
September 11, 2003 12:46:15 AM

BingoBangoBongo. Blam, blam, blam. Squirt, that is EXACTLY what I was trying to say. You are a genius.

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2003 12:48:33 AM

Sega Dream-Blaster Specs;

Two Atari 2600s running in parallel via duct-tapefied ribbon cable attached to a VIC-20.

Beat that Suckas!

The Return of: Combat, PitFall, Montazuma's Revenge and of course ET!

:cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: 
September 11, 2003 12:51:57 AM

LOL indeed.
A little too much froth in this post.
I wonder if we could have a small reality check please? :smile:

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>
September 11, 2003 3:03:46 AM

THANK YOU :D 

120% nVidia Fanboy
September 12, 2003 9:27:58 PM

Nope...they dumped em.

seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>

TKS
September 12, 2003 9:30:55 PM

Hells ya d00d. I love modest mouse. Some think I'm too old to like em but my wife loves em and turned me onto em. So now we go around to all the shows and what not. Bein on the east coast helps a bit I guess.

seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>

TKS
September 13, 2003 12:17:36 AM

New Sega console based on the sony "cell" utilising 300,000 banks of master system-to-game gear converters shrunk down to a staggering .60 nanometer process. A revolutionary audio experience brought home to the tech-lover with an army of surround-sound big band fleas.
The controller is a revolutionary shlong adapter based on previously undisclosed Voodoo 2048-bit graphics card technology which stimulates the testes and makes user's eyes glaze over in pretty patterns, removing the need for monitors AND old fasioned hand-reliant input devices.
The games all suck but it feels great,man...

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...
November 11, 2004 9:03:17 PM

variety and of course the need for using the veil of confusion, brings in extra cash every time.

<font color=red><pre>_____________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 11, 2004 9:03:24 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:
November 11, 2004 9:04:14 PM

No, much more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2004 10:46:51 PM

You asked and I will ans.

There are 3 versions for the XBOX 2 why you ask!

Well the first version which is cut down without a harddrive is aimed at the people without a lot of money retailing for $150 after 12 months this is aimed at younger children and teenagers without s##tloads of cash.

The second xbox2 is the full mid system with HD and a couple over miner extras for $200 to $250 (retail price after 12months).

these will be released next year.

The third will be released in time of SP3 Why to ruin Sonys parade day smart yes, with the price cut of the other two XBOX 2 they will eat away at sonys SP3 sales (Clever marketing) this third xbox2 will have a price tag of $500 approx it will be a pc style console with a DVD writer Cool yes with a optional mouse and keyboard so no more shitty xbox controler for me.

Also the Specs are what microsoft are currently heading for with ati as ATI beat nvidia to the contract. ATI at this moment has more in technology than what nvidia has in the pipline.

Trust me the XBOX2 will be a work of art with games which will be superior to what we see today.

We will have to see if Sony get f##k#d up but at this moment i see XBOX 2 winning because Sonys technology cant compete to what Microsoft have planned.

BEFORE I GET BLASTED I OWN A PS2 I AM NOT BIOS I AM STATING THE FACTS AS THEY STAND RIGHT NOW.
November 12, 2004 3:39:07 AM

Quote:
I AM NOT BIOS

Yeah and I'm not CMOS but you don't see me state the obvious!

--
<font color=blue>Ede</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 11/12/04 00:39 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
November 12, 2004 11:57:14 AM

I feel latley that Consoles are fast food gaming, they purposley make big blockbuster games run like [-peep-] so when they advertise the new system youll be ready to buy into it to have better gaming at reasonable performance levels.

I think its pretty obvious to see that a console is a shitty computer with a specfic intention, gaming. Its obvious to see that in the future the consoles evolution is going to be to become a computer as we know them and use them. But we already have computers.... So wheres that leave consoles?

Reading about Windows Longhorn the article was talking about how Longhorn wants to appeal to gamers by having everything automated so you dont have to set anything up, the type of stuff that turns off everyday people and intimidates them (assigning a directory, updating drivers). With some imagination and foresight, you can take these views and almost see the road extending before consoles and where its going to go.

What is going to eventually happen? The console is going to be able to swap out hardware for upgrades, etc etc??? Then its going to be a computer. I see a point in maybe 10 years where they hopefully finally merge into one and we will all be the winners. I mean what is the point in the future, of having a console when you can swap out the hard drive and video card and the processor???

I guess ive always belived that computers have always been what consoles are trying to evolve to.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rx7000 on 11/12/04 09:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
November 12, 2004 12:06:57 PM

Quote:
Also the Specs are what microsoft are currently heading for with ati as ATI beat nvidia to the contract. ATI at this moment has more in technology than what nvidia has in the pipline.

Actually it was because Nvidia wasnt willing to move on xbox GPU prices for the current version. As far as anything technology wise, thats a back and forth debate.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>
November 12, 2004 3:12:03 PM

Yeah, but remember last time? Sony rushed to have be the first out the door (PS2), and then Microsoft beat them over the head with XBox. Now Microsoft is the one rushing when, IMO, there is still plenty of life left in the XBox. They haven't even <i>unveiled</i> the XBox 2 yet, so I wouldn't make any predictions about which will be the superior console. Also, don't assume that Sony hasn't learned from any of their mistakes with PS2.

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp..." target="_new">DumbLand</A>
November 12, 2004 4:43:39 PM

The problem with Sony and PS3 is that they are banking on new technology, CELL. While it may work great and be incredibly powerful, the biggest question is, how are games going to be designed for them? One huge problem that exists with the PS2 today is that it is much more difficult to program a game for the PS2 than it is for the XBox. If you make a game for XB, you write it for DX8.1, similar to how you would develop a PC game, for PS2, you have to learn new skills and work on a process that is completely different from anything else. For XB2, MS is working on XNA, so developers can make games for the PC and the XB2 on the same platform.

Look at first gen PS2 games, they look like crap compared to today's game, which is saying a lot. Now look at first gen XB games, versus today, they don't look that much better. That's because it's easy to make games for XB, and difficult to make games for PS2.

It's taking developers four years to learn how to exploit the power of the PS2, and if Sony uses Cell technology for PS3, be prepared to wait that long for great looking games that can take advantage of the hardware.

I can't remember where I read it, but John Carmack has talked about the problems of multiple processors and developing games to use them effectively, he was referring directly to the advantages of XB2 over PS3.
November 12, 2004 5:17:18 PM

Dude, really it's all hearsay and speculation. No one has even released a graphics demo yet and people are arguing why one platform is better than the other. That's like everyone bitching back in the springtime about how the X800 series was a flop because nVidia had SM3.0 and 32-bit, but right now it's pretty much dead-even, and it's even apparent in the 6600/X700 series.

I'm arguably more excited about PS3 because the architecture is so much more progressive. Will the games look better? Who knows- no one has even released a graphics demo yet(and those grossly misrepresent what the real-time gaming will look like). In the end I could care less because I won't be buying either one of them. Just my opinion.

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp..." target="_new">DumbLand</A>
November 12, 2004 5:23:40 PM

Using Nvidia's chips would result in excessive RMAs for microsoft.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
November 12, 2004 5:29:39 PM

Quote:
Dude, really it's all hearsay and speculation.

I agree, what I was saying is based on the technology Sony and MS have said they are going to use. It's only my opinion at this point, I could be totally wrong (I probably won't be, but still just opinion based on the CURRENT facts. Things may change.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2004 7:30:58 PM

I have to say your absolutley CORRECT. On everything you said. (Thumbs UP)
November 13, 2004 2:55:45 AM

Quote:
But we already have computers.... So wheres that leave consoles?

Have you looked at the GameCube lately? Has it in anyway come closer to a PC than 2 years ago?
And have games become crap running on it?

Quote:
I think its pretty obvious to see that a console is a shitty computer with a specfic intention, gaming.

Well that's just stating the obvious. We could say the same thing about the SNES, NES and other systems. Were you intending to say the above quote in a negative connotation?

Quote:
The console is going to be able to swap out hardware for upgrades, etc etc??? Then its going to be a computer. I see a point in maybe 10 years where they hopefully finally merge into one and we will all be the winners. I mean what is the point in the future, of having a console when you can swap out the hard drive and video card and the processor???

Simple, dedicated hardware. There are no processes running in the background, nor programs, when running your game. A GameCube runs just a GameCube game when turned on, period. MSN isn't receiving messages for ya, BitTorrent is not gonna be download nothin' on the machine and you can bet your arse Norton Anti-Virus' is working in another electronic machine!
The result? (usually) great performing games on relatively cheap hardware with low-end parts. I mean, really, can you run Halo 2 on a PC with only 128MB memory like X-Box does?

--
<font color=blue>Ede</font color=blue>
November 13, 2004 5:27:28 AM

Please give me prove that X-Box beat PS2
The number of PS2 sold is so many times more than X-Box its not even funny. Sony and Nintendo owns the Asian Market. Here in North America X-Box sales are still not as high as PS2 overall.

X-Box 2? I will stand by my point

PS3 WILL CRUSH IT

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D 
November 13, 2004 10:17:24 AM

Story time.

A while back, ATi started designing it's next desktop chip, codenamed R400. It had new features like shader model 3.0, but was decidedly not powerful enough to compete head to head with the much rumored NV40(nVidia's next release)

The planning of ATi's new chip, was nowhere near tape out, but much funding had been employed in this chips incarnation.
The best thing to do for ATi, was to save that chip(R400) for a future project, that was already in deep discussions, and start from scratch on a new desktop chip, that they would codename R420(or snoop dog, as it was refered to as, by ATi insiders)

R420(X800) was a powerful chip, but unfortunately, due to time constraints(and cost probably), didnt employ many of the features of ATi's original chip for the job(R400) and there was much crying, and gnashing of teeth.

Mean while, ATi's original desktop chip, R400, of course has been given a new name, R500, and a new purpose(as many of you know) to take it's seat in the upcoming Xbox.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=127163" target="_new"><b>3DMark05</b></A>
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2004 10:52:52 AM

Thank You.
November 13, 2004 12:22:11 PM

"Simple, dedicated hardware. There are no processes running in the background, nor programs, when running your game. A GameCube runs just a GameCube game when turned on, period. MSN isn't receiving messages for ya, BitTorrent is not gonna be download nothin' on the machine and you can bet your arse Norton Anti-Virus' is working in another electronic machine!
The result? (usually) great performing games on relatively cheap hardware with low-end parts. I mean, really, can you run Halo 2 on a PC with only 128MB memory like X-Box does?"

Just because you dont want to turn your processes off and your games run like ass, isnt a very good defence for convincing me a console is great for gaming.

If your buying a console because you cant afford a good computer thats fine, and I understand.

If you have a good computer and consoles, I think you will get the optimum gaming all round experience from the computer. The point of my rant was that as systems come and go, it seems there turning more and more into computers everyday. How long do you think its going to be before they have upgradeable consoles? We might even see with the next incarnations.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT
November 13, 2004 2:10:49 PM

Yes, but Halo PC was ported directly over without much optamization at all, it does not take advantage of any new hardware, in fact even though its DX9 it runs all on DX 8 code paths. Also remember that it was optamized to run specifiaclly on the the dual vtx and pix shader GF3 chip, it only runs at 30 fps and 800x600, remember the computer is running it at 40~150 fps at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 at higher fps, my GT can run the game at all max, 1280 at 120 to 60 fps average depending on level, it is infinantly clearer than the xbox version. Also look at Doom 3, which looks 1000x better, it does not look nearly as good on xbox, not even half as good as it does on a good PC. It is simply a fact that the consoles run much lower settings and get away with it because the TV can't support higher settings. So the computer games are stressing it much more, the games are NOT optamized specifically for any 1 card. And YES you can run it like that, my GF 4 could run it at an average of 40 fps at 1024x768 with all high settings considering how poorly it was ported over.

P4 2.6c@3 / 1GB OCZ DDR533 / Abit IC7-Max3 /
BFG Geforce 6800 GT @ 410/1100 /
Baracuda 7200.7 120 GB SATA / Lian-Li PC-65 Case
/ SyncMaster 700nf Monitor / 3DMark03-12100
November 13, 2004 2:36:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, but Halo PC was ported directly over without much optamization at all

I dont work for Bungie, so I cant confirm that.
Quote:
it does not take advantage of any new hardware, in fact even though its DX9 it runs all on DX 8 code paths.

By utilizing DX9, the game's textures can be rendered in a single pass, instead of doing multi. If you dont call that taking advantage of new hardware, then you smoke dope.
Quote:
Also remember that it was optamized to run specifiaclly on the the dual vtx and pix shader GF3 chip

People are always calling the XBox GPU a GeForce3 Ti chip, or Ti4200 chip.....it was neither.....although similar to both.
Quote:
it only runs at 30 fps and 800x600, remember the computer is running it at 40~150 fps at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 at higher fps, my GT can run the game at all max, 1280 at 120 to 60 fps average depending on level, it is infinantly clearer than the xbox version.

Are you sure that your post is directed towards me?...because <b>I</b> never claimed that XBox graphics looked better than what <b>any</b> pc could deliver.

I'm going to continue under the premise that your post was actually directed at someone else, but you simply clicked the <i>reply</i> button that was connected to my post.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=127163" target="_new"><b>3DMark05</b></A>
November 13, 2004 2:36:25 PM

One more thing, can the xbox run all of the programs in the backround that my PC can and still achieve acceptable performance? I don't think so, I run D3 on high at 1280x1024 with 2xaa and 8xaniso and i've had norton start an antivirus scan in the back ground and the game didn't even slow down at all, the Xbox can only run a game, if you tryed to run anything else, even smaller programs like steam and such it would slow down and become glitchy where a computer does not. So a console is a "cheap" integrated computer, especially since it uses the GF3 chip with 64mb on memory and a P3 733 mhz processor, that sounds pretty close to a computer to me.

November 13, 2004 2:41:41 PM

Quote:
Please give me prove that X-Box beat PS2

If you're talking about graphics, I'd love to hear the argument that PS2 beat XBox. If you're talking about sales, who cares??? Just because tons of people buy a product, doesn't mean it's good. Enter The Matrix sold 1 million copies in one week (probably zero the next!)

As for Halo running on a PC. It's obvious that consoles run games much much more efficiently than PCs do. I think it was Eden who said, consoles don't have other processes running in the background. Find me a PC with a Intel Pentium 2/3 Celeron? 733mhz, with 64 megs of SHARED memory, a GeForce 3 and a half and let me know how well it runs Halo 2. It'll run like crap. Because the OS for the XB is tiny, it doesn't have Windows lurking over it's shoulder hogging resources. And as Eden said, there's nothing at all going on in the background.
November 13, 2004 2:46:04 PM

Sry, clicke the wrong icon, i ususally just click the reply button to the closest poster, ususally in my posts they know who i'm referrring to. Your point about DX9 is exactly what I was saying, i'll restate it. Halo for PC does NOT take advantage of DX9 and its vast improvements even though microsoft "claims" it does. HL2 is far superior looking to Halo 1 and Halo 2 and it runs 120 fps average on my comp!(yes I have CS:Source so I was able to run the HL2 game engine benchie). My original point was that yes the Xbox does have really good graphics considering how cheap the hardware really is, but x700 must also consider how much MORE stress the computer is under when runnning games. I have 6 programs in my startup that I always leave on and I expereince no lag in games, now and Xbox could not even run 1/2 of those programs and a game(which is specifically optamized for it while the PC games are not) and still achieve even 30 fps. So saying how "slow" computers are compared to the Xbox is stupid because it only runs that 1 game, runs at much lower settings and runs at 1/4 of the FPS my computer can while running several intensive programs all at once.

/ SyncMaster 700nf Monitor / 3DMark03-12100<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Captain_insano on 11/13/04 11:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
November 13, 2004 3:00:10 PM

that is a good point, but is it really fare to compare the two systems? There are HUGE differences, if my computer only had to run the bare miniumum of windows and games were made to run SPECIFICALLY on my GF 6800 GT then they would aready have REAL looking graphics, my computer is so far technologically beyond the Xbox its not even funny. But my computer has to cope with windows, all of its componenets such as drivers and sicurity programs(which take up a fair amount of resources). It takes more memory to run just windows than the Xbox has of system memory! Yet the PC still has superior graphics. My point is is that comparing graphics of xbox to PC is like comparing apples to oranges, both taste good, but are pysically different there for a direct comparison is not accurate.

November 13, 2004 3:01:00 PM

I think everyone is a little off base with what everyone is saying. I highly doubt anyone that posts here would say that an XBox is faster than a PC.

I could be wrong, but I think everyone can agree that given identical specs, a PC would run a game slower than an XBox because of all the other things a PC does and has running in the background.

I've made this argument before, but I believe that if there were a program that could boot up an alternate OS, designed with the one and only purpose of running 3D games, without Windows in the background, then games would run 10 times better than they do when running with Windows.
November 13, 2004 3:54:41 PM

Compraing X-Box to a Real Computer is like comparing a go kart to a mustang.

Sure you can argue that the go-kart dosnt need a big engine to make it move, it can move with very little power, but the mustang is moving 200x faster and it weighs about 200x more than the go-kart.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT
November 13, 2004 3:57:57 PM

ahh, true, indeed... But you can have lots of fun on the go-cart, at less expense too.
Now you have me reminising about my go-cart days, I was so envious of the 5hp ones, when all I had was a 3.5hp one.

November 13, 2004 4:08:35 PM

Heh, When I was in Florida not to long ago me and my uncles went to one of the F1 places in the neighboorhood, man was this place insane. The karts would hit somewhere around 40 mph, on a pretty sick road course that would make any drift / autocross racer flinch. Talk about fun.

Im not trying to say consoles suck or trying to convince people not to use them, I just think computers do it better and have way more to offer game wise. Did I mention porn?? What can X-Box serve you up in that area lol.

November 13, 2004 5:14:11 PM

We've seen this argument 500 times. All that matters is that the games are <i><b>FUN</i></b>!!!

Some of you are arguing that one is superior to the other on the basis of the internal hardware. The system should be judged on the basis of how many exceptional titles are produced for it. That has nothing to do with the power of the hardware.

An XBox costs $150. A solid PC gaming rig costs $1000. Some of the most fun I've ever had was on the NES, SNES, and PSOne.

November 13, 2004 7:06:27 PM

True dat.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>
!