No internet access

March 16, 2005 3:11:04 PM

Hello. Am admin for our computer that does not have quick switching of users
allowed. Running XP Pro. One daughter, for an unknown time, has not been
able to access the internet on her aol account if she is logged into her xp
user account.

If she goes onto her aol account from another xp user, she can access the
internet.

I created a new xp user account for her, went to aol, logged on as her aol
account and CANNOT even google or get to aol help.

Am beside myself as to what to do.

Thanks in advance. Please keep it simple for me.

More about : internet access

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 5:31:07 PM

Try control panel,internet connections,L.click on the icon,then in L.sub-menu
select,repair this connection.Also,open internet options,connections tab,make
sure the connection listed is correct,otherwise,click on add,follow the
wizard.

"jtt" wrote:

> Hello. Am admin for our computer that does not have quick switching of users
> allowed. Running XP Pro. One daughter, for an unknown time, has not been
> able to access the internet on her aol account if she is logged into her xp
> user account.
>
> If she goes onto her aol account from another xp user, she can access the
> internet.
>
> I created a new xp user account for her, went to aol, logged on as her aol
> account and CANNOT even google or get to aol help.
>
> Am beside myself as to what to do.
>
> Thanks in advance. Please keep it simple for me.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:21:04 PM

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Try control panel,internet connections,L.click on the icon,then in L.sub-menu
> select,repair this connection.Also,open internet options,connections tab,make
> sure the connection listed is correct,otherwise,click on add,follow the
> wizard.

Thanks for trying Andew. When in the internet options section of control
panel, I do not get a repair this connection option. The connection to AOL
is listed in internet options. Any other ideas? Thanks.

jtt