Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

What countries do these beers come from?

Castle Lager
Cisk Lager
Cobra
Efes Pilsen
Hite
Hue Beer
Keo
Krakus Zywiec
Maccabee
Obolon Premium
Presidente
Prestige Stout
Quilmes
Ruutli Olu
Sagres
Sapporo
Star Beer
Tiger Beer
Tinima
Tsingtao
Victoria Bitter
Xingu

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <6h67s01iavi6d13rodbnaekhm1ndrt38pt@4ax.com>, tomcatpolka@NyOaShPoAoM.com
says...
> What countries do these beers come from?
>
> Castle Lager
> Cisk Lager
> Cobra
> Efes Pilsen
> Hite
> Hue Beer
Vietnam?

> Keo
> Krakus Zywiec
> Maccabee
Israel

> Obolon Premium
> Presidente
> Prestige Stout
> Quilmes
> Ruutli Olu
> Sagres
> Sapporo
Japan

> Star Beer
> Tiger Beer
> Tinima
> Tsingtao
China

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Somebody claiming to be Marc Dashevsky <usenet@MarcDashevsky.com> wrote
in news:MPG.1c2d697ada79b85c989b39@netnews.comcast.net:

> In article <6h67s01iavi6d13rodbnaekhm1ndrt38pt@4ax.com>,
> tomcatpolka@NyOaShPoAoM.com says...
>> What countries do these beers come from?
>>
>> Castle Lager
>> Cisk Lager
>> Cobra
>> Efes Pilsen
>> Hite
>> Hue Beer
> Vietnam?
>
>> Keo
>> Krakus Zywiec

Poland

>> Maccabee
> Israel
>
>> Obolon Premium
>> Presidente
>> Prestige Stout
>> Quilmes
>> Ruutli Olu
>> Sagres
>> Sapporo
> Japan
>
>> Star Beer
>> Tiger Beer
>> Tinima
>> Tsingtao
> China
>
>> Victoria Bitter
>> Xingu

Brazil

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
TV Announcer: It's 11:00. Do you know where your children are?

Jim Ward <tomcatpolka@NyOaShPoAoM.com> wrote:

>What countries do these beers come from?
>
>Castle Lager
South Africa
>Cisk Lager
>Cobra
>Efes Pilsen
>Hite
>Hue Beer
>Keo
>Krakus Zywiec
>Maccabee
>Obolon Premium
>Presidente
>Prestige Stout
>Quilmes
>Ruutli Olu
>Sagres
>Sapporo
>Star Beer
>Tiger Beer
Indonesia and others
>Tinima
>Tsingtao
>Victoria Bitter
Australia

--
Patrick Hamlyn posting from Perth, Western Australia
Windsurfing capital of the Southern Hemisphere

Jim Ward (tomcatpolka@NyOaShPoAoM.com) writes:
> What countries do these beers come from?
>
> Efes Pilsen

Turkey. (Named after the ancient Ephesus.)

> Quilmes

Argentina. (Named after a suburb in Buenos Aires, which in its turn
were named from a Indian stronghold in northwest. The Quilmes Indians
were able to defend themselves from the Inka expansion, and was not
until 1667 that the Spaniards were able to conquer the stronghold. The
Indians were expulsed to Buenos Aires, and they called their new home
Quilmes as well.)

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Tiger bitter and Cobra are both sold in Indian resteraunts here, so I guess
India?

Victoria Bitter (which is really a lager beer, not a bitter ale) comes from
Australia.

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:09:36 GMT, Marc Dashevsky
<usenet@MarcDashevsky.com> wrote:

>In article <6h67s01iavi6d13rodbnaekhm1ndrt38pt@4ax.com>, tomcatpolka@NyOaShPoAoM.com

>> Hue Beer
>Vietnam?

>> Maccabee
>Israel

>> Sapporo
>Japan

>> Tsingtao
>China

All correct!

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:11:52 -0000, Ted Schuerzinger
<fedya@bestweb.spam> wrote:

>Somebody claiming to be Marc Dashevsky <usenet@MarcDashevsky.com> wrote
>in news:MPG.1c2d697ada79b85c989b39@netnews.comcast.net:

>>> Krakus Zywiec
>Poland

>>> Xingu
>Brazil

Schott agrees!

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 06:12:26 GMT, Patrick Hamlyn
<path@multipro.N_OcomSP_AM.au> wrote:

>>Castle Lager
>South Africa

>>Tiger Beer
>Indonesia and others

Schott says Singapore.

>>Victoria Bitter
>Australia

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:56:46 +0000 (UTC), Erland Sommarskog
<esquel@sommarskog.se> wrote:

>> Efes Pilsen
>
>Turkey. (Named after the ancient Ephesus.)
>
>> Quilmes
>
>Argentina. (Named after a suburb in Buenos Aires, which in its turn
>were named from a Indian stronghold in northwest. The Quilmes Indians
>were able to defend themselves from the Inka expansion, and was not
>until 1667 that the Spaniards were able to conquer the stronghold. The
>Indians were expulsed to Buenos Aires, and they called their new home
>Quilmes as well.)

Thanks for the extra info!

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:18:01 -0000, "Terry Portwain"
<terryandlinda@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

>Tiger bitter and Cobra are both sold in Indian resteraunts here, so I guess
>India?

Schott says Cobra is India, Tiger beer is Singapore.

>Victoria Bitter (which is really a lager beer, not a bitter ale) comes from
>Australia.

The other ones not guessed are from less-traveled places:

Cisk Lager - Malta
Hite - South Korea
Keo - Cyprus
Obolon Premium - Ukraine