my task manager won't open for more than 1 second!

When my computer has an error, which it does often, I try to open the task
manager. It always closes almost as soon as i open it. All I see is its
window flash, and then disappear. The task manager icon stays in my toolbar
at the bottom of the screen, though. If i move my mouse over any of the
icons it disapears. What is going on?

Hi,

I suspect the system has been infected with malware or a virus. Use
the instructions on the page below to attempt removal.
Virus and Spyware removal.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,