my task manager won't open for more than 1 second!

When my computer has an error, which it does often, I try to open the task
manager. It always closes almost as soon as i open it. All I see is its
window flash, and then disappear. The task manager icon stays in my toolbar
at the bottom of the screen, though. If i move my mouse over any of the
icons it disapears. What is going on?
1 answer Last reply
More about task manager open second

    Hi,

    I suspect the system has been infected with malware or a virus. Use
    the instructions on the page below to attempt removal.
    Virus and Spyware removal.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/spyware.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    ÐêäÐL¥pÒñ wrote:
    > When my computer has an error, which it does often, I try
    > to open the task manager. It always closes almost as
    > soon as i open it. All I see is its window flash, and
    > then disappear. The task manager icon stays in my
    > toolbar at the bottom of the screen, though. If i move
    > my mouse over any of the icons it disapears. What is
    > going on?

Task Manager Windows XP