Export ODBC settings

Archived from groups: alt.windows-xp,microsoft.public.data.odbc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Is there any way to export ODBC Data Source entries from one system to
another? (It would actually be from Win2000 to WinXP).

I have a ton of them and would prefer not to have to type them all in again.

--
Gregg C.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.data.odbc (More info?)

Simplest way is to open regedit point to ODBC->ODBC.INI from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (SYSTEM ONLY) and HKEY_CURRENT_USER and export them and
them import back in the system that you needed them.

Make sure you install all drivers before configuring them on new system else
it might prompt an error stating couldnt find setup routines.

"Gregg Cattanach" <gcattanach-SKIP-@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way to export ODBC Data Source entries from one system to
> another? (It would actually be from Win2000 to WinXP).
>
> I have a ton of them and would prefer not to have to type them all in again.

How do I migrate ODBC data sources from one server to another?
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/21491/21491.html

Archived from groups: alt.windows-xp,microsoft.public.data.odbc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Gregg,

Please try out our free tool www.sqledit.com/odbcmgr.exe
The program allows you to audit local and remote data source definitions,
remove DSNs and import/export definitions created on one of the computers on
a remote system right from your workplace.

Igor Shekalev, http://www.sqledit.com, powerful database tools