Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

'Gypsies, tramps and thieves was a 1971 Billboard chart topper for Cher.
What was the original title?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

"goonie" <goon@gooninc.com> wrote in news:dV%wd.77672$K7.67751@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

> 'Gypsies, tramps and thieves was a 1971 Billboard chart topper for Cher.
> What was the original title?

Originally titled "Cher" (Kapp KS-3649)
Source: http://www.livedaily.com/artist/albums/R%20%20%20%20%203769.html?
act=51

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

no sorry

"Cruis'Edddie" <noone@here.now> wrote in message
> "goonie" <goon@gooninc.com> wrote in news:dV%wd.77672$K7.67751@news-
> server.bigpond.net.au:
>
>> 'Gypsies, tramps and thieves was a 1971 Billboard chart topper for Cher.
>> What was the original title?
>
> Originally titled "Cher" (Kapp KS-3649)
> Source: http://www.livedaily.com/artist/albums/R%20%20%20%20%203769.html?
> act=51

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

From the source:

"Released originally as Cher (Kapp KS-3649), featuring a light grey
cover with strands of hair over the face of the chanteuse, this LP was
re-released (as Kapp KS-5549) with the title Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves in
bold white letters with song titles "The Way of Love," "Fire and Rain,"
and "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" above the cropped cover photo. The
original has the word "Cher" in black fading into the grey; the re-
release has her name in bold white."

> no sorry
>

> "Cruis'Edddie" <noone@here.now> wrote in message
>> "goonie" <goon@gooninc.com> wrote in news:dV%wd.77672$K7.67751@news-
>> server.bigpond.net.au:
>>
>>> 'Gypsies, tramps and thieves was a 1971 Billboard chart topper for
>>> Cher. What was the original title?
>>
>> Originally titled "Cher" (Kapp KS-3649)
>> Source:
>> http://www.livedaily.com/artist/albums/R%20%20%20%20%203769.html?
>> act=51

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

yes I know the album had no title when the single came out. However I am
after the original name of the single.

In article <Xns95C392F43A0BCnooneherenow@216.148.227.77>, Cruis'Edddie
<noone@here.now> wrote:

> "goonie" <goon@gooninc.com> wrote in news:dV%wd.77672$K7.67751@news-
> server.bigpond.net.au:
>
> > 'Gypsies, tramps and thieves was a 1971 Billboard chart topper for Cher.
> > What was the original title?
>
> Originally titled "Cher" (Kapp KS-3649)
> Source: http://www.livedaily.com/artist/albums/R%20%20%20%20%203769.html?
> act=51

Except that's an invalid answer, since the album only reached #16 on
the Billboard charts, per allmusic.com.

--
Dustin Emhart
c.fred@nospam.cox.net (with obvious nospam modification)