My Laptop keyboard is possessed!

hayley

Hi,
I'm really stumped!

Sometimes while on line my startup menu keeps appearing all by its self.

And while trying to type a letter in Word (Office 2003) the shortcuts keep
activating by themselves, I've tried to turn them off but can't find anywhere
to do it, I've tried help and support and can't find anything.

I've checked for viruses, adware etc. my harddrive seems to be clean,
Does anyone know whats going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks
Hayley

Are you using a mouse?
PS/2 Wheel Mouse Jumps Around Screen on Laptops with Touchpads
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282753

Sometimes when a microphone is enabled, you will get erratic mouse behavior.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm really stumped!
>
> Sometimes while on line my startup menu keeps appearing all by its self.
>
> And while trying to type a letter in Word (Office 2003) the shortcuts keep
> activating by themselves, I've tried to turn them off but can't find anywhere
> to do it, I've tried help and support and can't find anything.
>
> I've checked for viruses, adware etc. my harddrive seems to be clean,
> Does anyone know whats going on and how I can fix it?
>
> Thanks
> Hayley

JB

I had the same problem with a DELL. The solution was to slacken, GENTLY
press the keyboard with the flat of your hand and then tighten the screws on
the back that hold the keyboard.