response to help with explorer.exe

ok my cousin ran Norton (Norton virus bull) whatever said it was suspicious
and wanted it to delete the file. so she did and the problem stated. My
Pictures, My Documents, My Music, My Computer and some programs that need me
to open those things

Dapper_don2k3 wrote:
> ok my cousin ran Norton (Norton virus bull) whatever said it was
> suspicious and wanted it to delete the file. so she did and the
> problem stated. My Pictures, My Documents, My Music, My Computer and
> some programs that need me to open those things

What?

--
<- Shenan ->

Shenan

He deleted explorer.exe! I asked him why he did it.

--

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dapper_don2k3 wrote:
> ok my cousin ran Norton (Norton virus bull) whatever said it was
> suspicious and wanted it to delete the file. so she did and the
> problem stated. My Pictures, My Documents, My Music, My Computer and
> some programs that need me to open those things

Shenan Stanley wrote

Gerry Cornell wrote:
> He deleted explorer.exe! I asked him why he did it.

Wow. K. heh

--
<- Shenan ->

Select Start, Run, and type the words "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
and click OK. This should restore a copy of explorer.exe to where it is
needed.

Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
(Sfc.exe)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747

--

Hope this helps.