Can not open files from desktop or the control panel

Tags:
  • Control Panel
  • Desktops
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
March 16, 2005 6:13:03 PM

Every time I try to open My Computer or single files saved on the desktop I
get an error message. When I click on the Start button and try to open the
control panel I get the same error message. What should I do?

More about : open files desktop control panel

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 2:30:05 AM

What is the exact text of the error message?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"agrphi" <agrphi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to open My Computer or single files saved on the
> desktop I
> get an error message. When I click on the Start button and try to
> open the
> control panel I get the same error message. What should I do?
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 2:30:06 AM

The Error reads
SysFader: explorer.exe- Application Error
The instruction at "0x00ecf065" refererenced memory at "0x00000000." The
memory could not be "written"

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on Cancel to debug the program

Neither of those options have helped me.
Thank you,

!