Can not open files from desktop or the control panel

Every time I try to open My Computer or single files saved on the desktop I
get an error message. When I click on the Start button and try to open the
control panel I get the same error message. What should I do?
2 answers Last reply
More about open files desktop control panel

    What is the exact text of the error message?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "agrphi" <agrphi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to open My Computer or single files saved on the
    > desktop I
    > get an error message. When I click on the Start button and try to
    > open the
    > control panel I get the same error message. What should I do?

    The Error reads
    SysFader: explorer.exe- Application Error
    The instruction at "0x00ecf065" refererenced memory at "0x00000000." The
    memory could not be "written"

    Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on Cancel to debug the program

    Neither of those options have helped me.
    Thank you,

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > What is the exact text of the error message?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > "agrphi" <agrphi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Every time I try to open My Computer or single files saved on the
    > > desktop I
    > > get an error message. When I click on the Start button and try to
    > > open the
    > > control panel I get the same error message. What should I do?

Control Panel Desktops Error Message Windows XP