Sleep resume problem

well

Its set a s3/str but still not working the only other option is s1 -
any more ideas before i chuck it out the window in temper?

--
Bondgirl2003
1 answer Last reply

    You can run a setup of XP that disables ACPI (standby features) completely.

    Run setup again, and press F-7 at the 'Press F-6 for RAID' prompt. This will disable ACPI and enable APM
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/2/51.ASP

    --

    "Bondgirl2003" <Bondgirl2003.1m0fpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:Bondgirl2003.1m0fpn@pcbanter.net...

    > well
    >
    > Its set a s3/str but still not working the only other option is s1 -
    > any more ideas before i chuck it out the window in temper?
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson Wrote:
    >> Maybe you reset the BIOS settings to 'default' and the 'S3' settings for
    >> things involved in 'standby' were not set right. Open BIOS
    >> setup, and be sure you are set to 'S3', rather than 'S1'.
    >> bios setup access keys. Go to:
    >> http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp
    >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Bondgirl2003" Bondgirl2003.1lyl1o@pcbanter.net wrote in message
    >>
    >> HI Thanks mark
    >>
    >> The hardware is exactly the same as original as is the Bios as all
    >> that
    >> was changed was a reinstall of the os. Does this mean it could be as
    >> simple as a bios update? If so how to I find such an update?
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson Wrote:-
    >> Your hardware and BIOS can't handle the XP "ACPI" and 'standby'
    >> feature
    >> correctly. You would need new hardware, or a better BIOS to
    >> do it.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp
    >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Bondgirl2003" Bondgirl2003.1lw9pn@pcbanter.net wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi guys,
    >>
    >> My Packard bell I extreme died. It has now been reinstalled with
    >> Windows xp and everything is working fine except the sleep function.
    >>
    >> I can press the Sleep button on the keyboard and it will sucessfully
    >> standby. However it won't resume. I have tried all the buttons on the
    >> keyboard and moving the mouse. If i press the power button the light
    >> goes green but there still isnt any power to the monitor, mouse or
    >> keyboard.
    >>
    >> Its still using the original keyboard so I know it can do it.
    >>
    >> I also brought a new keyboard and installed the drivers but yet again
    >> that still didnt work.
    >>
    >> I have already checked the deivce properties and there is no "allow
    >> this device to wake up pc" option
    >>
    >> Help before I go mad with it?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Bondgirl2003--