System Restore Won't Activate

I am running Windows XP Home Edition
I attempted to make adjustments to my system to try to enable links
in email messages (Outlook Express). Outlook Express does work, but, now I
can't get Internet Explorer to work so I can't access the WWW. Other than
Outlook Express I can't get
most programs, shortcuts, etc. to work other than a short hour glass run
and then
nothing. I go to start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore.
When I click on "system restore" I just get a short hour glass run and then
nothing.
I can get to Safe Mode, but, need help so as not to destroy everything more.

Any ideas? Thank you very much for your help.

Chris.
1 answer Last reply
More about system restore activate

    Have your run a Antivirus program on your computer or an antispyware
    program?

    --
    Eric Renken
    Microsoft Associate Expert.

    "Chris B." <emailnameaccount.com.invalid> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows XP Home Edition
    > I attempted to make adjustments to my system to try to enable links
    > in email messages (Outlook Express). Outlook Express does work, but, now
    > can't get Internet Explorer to work so I can't access the WWW. Other than
    > Outlook Express I can't get
    > most programs, shortcuts, etc. to work other than a short hour glass run
    > and then
    > nothing. I go to start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore.
    > When I click on "system restore" I just get a short hour glass run and
    > then
    > nothing.
    > I can get to Safe Mode, but, need help so as not to destroy everything
    > more.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you very much for your help.
    >

    > Chris.

Outlook Express System Restore Windows XP