Outlook 2003

For some reason i can not click on any links in emails. I get an error "This
operation canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your system
administrator."

I havent changed anything on my computer. Does anyone know where i can
change give myself permission to open links from emails?

Thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about outlook 2003

    In outlook express, click on Tools > Options.

    In the Options window, click on the security tab.

    Make sure that 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' item is
    UNCHECKED.

    "Bellapc" <Bellapc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For some reason i can not click on any links in emails. I get an error
    > "This
    > operation canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your
    > system
    > administrator."
    >
    > I havent changed anything on my computer. Does anyone know where i can
    > change give myself permission to open links from emails?
    >
    > Thank you

    Are you the administrator of your PC?

    Did you change (a) "default" browser(s) lately, and then uninstall it (e.g.
    Firefox)?

    In any case you shouls direct your questions to here for further help:

    Nice, and how does this help the OP's problem in Outlook 2003?

    "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
    > Nice, and how does this help the OP's problem in Outlook 2003?

    he has not even solved the problem in OE, as the users original problem was
    not being able to click on links in outlook and have them open and go to his
    browser, which is the default I think to minimise phishing risks and nothing
    to do with opening attachments.

    ;-(

    "JD" <J_Da25Klp@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
    >> Nice, and how does this help the OP's problem in Outlook 2003?
    >>

    > he has not even solved the problem in OE, as the users original problem
    > was not being able to click on links in outlook and have them open and go
    > to his browser, which is the default I think to minimise phishing risks
    > and nothing to do with opening attachments.
    >
    > ;-(

    Who hasn't solved it? The OP's post cannot even be found on google (using
    the the OP's name from BAR's reply). Even then, the topic is Outlook 2003,
    and the OP didn't mention having a problem opening links in OE in the post;
    so it is safe to assume that he/she wants help with Outlook 2003. BAR
    replied with help regarding downloading attachments (not opening links) in
    OE and how to change the security setting for allowing the downloading of
    attachments.

    It seesm the default settings need to be reset, and that (maybe) the OP was
    using a 3rd party browser, that was set as default, and then uninstalled it.
    If that browser was set to default, and then removed, then clicking links in
    Outlook messages have no browser to reference to open those links.

Windows XP