For some reason i can not click on any links in emails. I get an error "This
operation canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your system
administrator."

I havent changed anything on my computer. Does anyone know where i can
change give myself permission to open links from emails?

Thank you

bar

In outlook express, click on Tools > Options.

In the Options window, click on the security tab.

Make sure that 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' item is
UNCHECKED.

"Bellapc" wrote:

> For some reason i can not click on any links in emails. I get an error "This
> operation canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your system
> administrator."
>
> I havent changed anything on my computer. Does anyone know where i can
> change give myself permission to open links from emails?
>
> Thank you

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Bellapc" <Bellapc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason i can not click on any links in emails. I get an error
> "This
> operation canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your
> system
> administrator."
>
> I havent changed anything on my computer. Does anyone know where i can
> change give myself permission to open links from emails?
>
> Thank you

Are you the administrator of your PC?

Did you change (a) "default" browser(s) lately, and then uninstall it (e.g.
Firefox)?

In any case you shouls direct your questions to here for further help:

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Nice, and how does this help the OP's problem in Outlook 2003?

> In outlook express, click on Tools > Options.
>
> In the Options window, click on the security tab.
>
> Make sure that 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' item
> is
> UNCHECKED.
>
> "Bellapc" wrote:
>
>> For some reason i can not click on any links in emails. I get an error
>> "This
>> operation canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your
>> system
>> administrator."
>>
>> I havent changed anything on my computer. Does anyone know where i can
>> change give myself permission to open links from emails?
>>
>> Thank you

Jd

"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Nice, and how does this help the OP's problem in Outlook 2003?

he has not even solved the problem in OE, as the users original problem was
not being able to click on links in outlook and have them open and go to his
browser, which is the default I think to minimise phishing risks and nothing
to do with opening attachments.

;-(

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"JD" <J_Da25Klp@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>> Nice, and how does this help the OP's problem in Outlook 2003?
>>

> he has not even solved the problem in OE, as the users original problem
> was not being able to click on links in outlook and have them open and go
> to his browser, which is the default I think to minimise phishing risks
> and nothing to do with opening attachments.
>
> ;-(

Who hasn't solved it? The OP's post cannot even be found on google (using
the the OP's name from BAR's reply). Even then, the topic is Outlook 2003,
and the OP didn't mention having a problem opening links in OE in the post;
so it is safe to assume that he/she wants help with Outlook 2003. BAR
replied with help regarding downloading attachments (not opening links) in
OE and how to change the security setting for allowing the downloading of
attachments.

It seesm the default settings need to be reset, and that (maybe) the OP was
using a 3rd party browser, that was set as default, and then uninstalled it.
If that browser was set to default, and then removed, then clicking links in
Outlook messages have no browser to reference to open those links.