Windows Explorer - Lost XP Links Panel

I have suddenly lost the left, XP "links" pane in Windows Explorer, even
under My Computer. Clicking on the folders icon now simply switches between
a one pane and two pane view. I've tried every avenue I can possibly think
of and have been unable to restore this feature.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer lost links panel

    It is called the Common Tasks pane.

    [[You can display hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your folder
    windows. The links provide quick access to file and folder management
    activities and other places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared
    Documents, and My Network Places. Windows displays these links by default,
    so they may already be displayed in your folders. If they are not, you can
    use Folder Options to enable this feature.]]

    Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
    General tab | ? Show common tasks in folders
    [[Specifies that hyperlinks to common folder tasks and other places on your
    computer are displayed in folders. These links appear in the left pane of
    the folder window.]]

    Enable or disable Common Tasks pane in folders
    http://www.winxptutor.com/commontasks.htm

    "Single-click to open an item" in the Folder Options is grayed out
    The option Show Common tasks in folders will also grayed out.
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/singleclickfolder.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C58249C7-98D1-4415-A4AB-945D252201D1@microsoft.com,
    UrbanPioneer <UrbanPioneer@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have suddenly lost the left, XP "links" pane in Windows Explorer,
    > even under My Computer. Clicking on the folders icon now simply
    > switches between a one pane and two pane view. I've tried every
    > avenue I can possibly think of and have been unable to restore this
    > feature.

Windows Explorer Microsoft Windows XP