Unusual file appearing in C:/ (local boot drive)

Hello, Im having a very unusual problem. Ive been using Windows for a long
time most problems i can figure out but this is a very strange one. After i
reboot my computer a file will appear on my local disc were windows is
installed C:/Program Windows will give me a message asking me to rename the
file so it dosnt cause any problems with any programs. So i rename the file
to Program1 on my next reboot the file returns as Program and i rename it
again. If i delete the file a few days later it just returns. Its becoming
very anoying any help would be great.

I had this same problem about a year ago but after i deleted it it went away.

Hi

Is there any info. via a right click Properties to see how the file is being
created? You may be able to find out which program/app. is creating the
file.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Kaugustino" <Kaugustino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Im having a very unusual problem. Ive been using Windows for a long
> time most problems i can figure out but this is a very strange one. After
> reboot my computer a file will appear on my local disc were windows is
> installed C:/Program Windows will give me a message asking me to rename
> the
> file so it dosnt cause any problems with any programs. So i rename the
> file
> to Program1 on my next reboot the file returns as Program and i rename it
> again. If i delete the file a few days later it just returns. Its becoming
> very anoying any help would be great.
>
> I had this same problem about a year ago but after i deleted it it went
> away.

No information on the file in the properties of the file. its a 0kbs file
with no text on it. I will check the file again next time it appears
thx

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any info. via a right click Properties to see how the file is being
> created? You may be able to find out which program/app. is creating the
> file.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups.
>

> "Kaugustino" <Kaugustino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, Im having a very unusual problem. Ive been using Windows for a long
> > time most problems i can figure out but this is a very strange one. After
> > reboot my computer a file will appear on my local disc were windows is
> > installed C:/Program Windows will give me a message asking me to rename
> > the
> > file so it dosnt cause any problems with any programs. So i rename the
> > file
> > to Program1 on my next reboot the file returns as Program and i rename it
> > again. If i delete the file a few days later it just returns. Its becoming
> > very anoying any help would be great.
> >
> > I had this same problem about a year ago but after i deleted it it went
> > away.

Well after checking the file, i just noticed i had it again theres no
information on the file at all, im not sure which program is creating it. i
have ran a antivirus (norton) and a spywear checker (lavasoft adaware) both
have been updated and have shown nothing. I emailed microsoft about this
problem they sad to restart in safemode and delete the file, which i did but
it comes back

It looks like the file is created before i reboot some of the time. im lost
and starting to get anoyed with it. any help would be great thanks

(kaugustino@shaw.ca)

"Kaugustino" wrote:

> No information on the file in the properties of the file. its a 0kbs file
> with no text on it. I will check the file again next time it appears
> thx
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there any info. via a right click Properties to see how the file is being
> > created? You may be able to find out which program/app. is creating the
> > file.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups.
> >

> > "Kaugustino" <Kaugustino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello, Im having a very unusual problem. Ive been using Windows for a long
> > > time most problems i can figure out but this is a very strange one. After
> > > reboot my computer a file will appear on my local disc were windows is
> > > installed C:/Program Windows will give me a message asking me to rename
> > > the
> > > file so it dosnt cause any problems with any programs. So i rename the
> > > file
> > > to Program1 on my next reboot the file returns as Program and i rename it
> > > again. If i delete the file a few days later it just returns. Its becoming
> > > very anoying any help would be great.
> > >
> > > I had this same problem about a year ago but after i deleted it it went
> > > away.

I think its solved, i ran spybot search and destroy and removed a bunch of
spywear, thanks for the help