Sign in with
Your question

Wait for windows 8 and next gen Intel CPU?

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2012 3:36:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I've had an acer Laptop running at home for nearly 4 years now. 80% useage is general day to day stuff, 20 % is playing with multimedia stuff with photoshop / Captivate /camtasia. Don;t really do that much gaming, but a goood battery life is important.

I'm thinking of buying a replacement and may question is this. Should I wait for windows 8 and next gent intel cpus to come out til the end of the year or did you think I'll not gain much and get something now?
March 17, 2012 5:05:38 PM

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I've had an acer Laptop running at home for nearly 4 years now. 80% useage is general day to day stuff, 20 % is playing with multimedia stuff with photoshop / Captivate /camtasia. Don;t really do that much gaming, but a goood battery life is important.

I'm thinking of buying a replacement and may question is this. Should I wait for windows 8 and next gent intel cpus to come out til the end of the year or did you think I'll not gain much and get something now?

Personally I don't think right now if a good time to buy another portable device like a tablet or laptop. So many things are changing right now. Its best to wait until some time after Windows 8 hits. I'm sure the devices will have a nicer form factor, better performance/power usage. If you can get by with what you have, I would wait. If you were going to build a desktop on the other hand, I would still wait but the need to wait is not as critical....

Just my opinion ;) 
March 17, 2012 5:31:26 PM

Quote:
Hi Guys,

i would wait until the next intel cpu's come out because they will run a lot cooler then SB cpu's thus intel will be able to put out higher standard clock rates in laptops making the performance difference from todays cpu that much higher.

Windows 8 shouldnt be that big of an impact because its more for a tablet phone type thing and there will be an option to make it look like windows 7.
!