XP Pro SP2 Error Message on first boot every morning hang

March 17, 2005 5:47:47 PM

Hi All,

'Generic host Process for Win32 Service encountered a problem and need to
close'

I'm getting this error message when trying to start Windows next morning on
each day,
Window could not start....alarm beep three times and just stop there not
responding. It will be ok if I reboot the system.
I have tried to do a clean install of xp pro but doesn't fix this problem.
Need help.

Thanks in advance.
Marks
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 5:47:48 PM

"Marks" <jec@tm.net.my> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>'Generic host Process for Win32 Service encountered a problem and need to
>close'
>
>I'm getting this error message when trying to start Windows next morning on
>each day,
>Window could not start....alarm beep three times and just stop there not
>responding. It will be ok if I reboot the system.
>I have tried to do a clean install of xp pro but doesn't fix this problem.
>Need help.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Marks

Make sure that your computer's clock and your own watch are
synchronized.

Start up the computer and make note of the time when the error message
occurs.

Restart the computer and when it boots up right-click on My Computer
and choose Manage. Click on the + sign in front of the Event Viewer
category to expand it then browse through each of the 3 subcategories
looking for red-flagged error records whose date and time stamps
correspond to your startup error. Double click on an error record to
see the details of that error.

Because of the nature of this problem I suspect a possible hardware
related problem, maybe a defective memory chip, that occurs when the
computer is cold. After the machine has been turned on for a minute
or two the flow of electricity warms up the components, causing them
to expand slightly. This expansion may be enough to correct the
hardware defect, such as a possible poor join between two internal
components inside a chip or on a circuit board.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP