DCOM Server Process Launcher Error

Please excuse double post. 1st post attached to another thread.

Had computer crash. Upon restart found that primary drive (formerly E:) is
now C: Drive has WinXP Pro with SP2 and all updates, one partition. Also
have 2nd drive, which was C: before crash, now D:, one partition. Was able
to finally get good XPPro SP2 and all updates installed on new D: Booting
from new C:, boot and loading of programs is
normal. All programs load. At very end of program load, however, error
window appears: "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in
progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was
initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Time before shutdown counter with 60
seconds commences. Message states: "Windows must now restart because the
DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectantly". Computer
then restarts. Have done Norton virus scan, Microsoft AntiSpyware scan,
Ad-aware scan, Spybot Search & Destroy scan. All with latest (3/16/05)
definitions. All clean.

Could not find any answers via Google search or in KB. Is there a repair
for this? Thanks for all responses!

SKBrown

Stephen

Does an error report appear on the system tab in Event Viewer. If yes
please post copy.

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stephen K. Brown" <skbrown33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please excuse double post. 1st post attached to another thread.
>
> Had computer crash. Upon restart found that primary drive (formerly
> E:) is
> now C: Drive has WinXP Pro with SP2 and all updates, one partition.
> Also
> have 2nd drive, which was C: before crash, now D:, one partition. Was
> able
> to finally get good XPPro SP2 and all updates installed on new D:
> Booting
> from new C:, boot and loading of programs is
> normal. All programs load. At very end of program load, however,
> error
> window appears: "This system is shutting down. Please save all work
> in
> progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This
> shutdown was
> initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Time before shutdown counter with
> 60
> seconds commences. Message states: "Windows must now restart because
> the
> DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectantly".
> Computer
> then restarts. Have done Norton virus scan, Microsoft AntiSpyware
> scan,
> Ad-aware scan, Spybot Search & Destroy scan. All with latest
> (3/16/05)
> definitions. All clean.
>
> Could not find any answers via Google search or in KB. Is there a
> repair
> for this? Thanks for all responses!
>
> SKBrown

Rebooted from C: several times. Made note of the exact time to the second
when the error window 1st appeared. Then looked in Event Viewer log. No
record of error or of boot for that matter. Since I can view Event Viewer
only when I boot from D:, am I only seeing the events occurring on that
drive? Is there a way to access the Event Viewer in C:? Thanks!

SKBrown

"Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> error
> window appears: "This system is shutting down. Please save all work
> in
> progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This
> shutdown was
> initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Time before shutdown counter with
> 60
> seconds commences. Message states: "Windows must now restart because
> the
> DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectantly".
> Computer
> then restarts. Have done Norton virus scan, Microsoft AntiSpyware
> scan,
> Ad-aware scan, Spybot Search & Destroy scan. All with latest
> (3/16/05)
> definitions. All clean.
>
> Could not find any answers via Google search or in KB. Is there a

Stephen

Was the computer originally or is it dual booting? If yes what was the
other windows operating system?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry