two accounts in xp

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

hi, have set up two user accounts in xp call them a and b.

i have carefully set up the same email address in both accounts configured
in OE.

when i use account a and send an email to both a and b, it comes back to
account 'a' alright. But it does not come into acount b. should it do so?

thanks for any advice.

Jd

"ghbt" <blue.star77@REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote in message
> hi, have set up two user accounts in xp call them a and b.
>
> i have carefully set up the same email address in both accounts configured
> in OE.
>
> when i use account a and send an email to both a and b, it comes back to
> account 'a' alright. But it does not come into acount b. should it do
> so?
>
> thanks for any advice.

If they have the same address how do you send an email to both a and b?

I think that the answer to your question is nope, because after it it
retrieved by account a it is deleted from the mail server, so when you try
to retrieve it by account b it is no longer there.

Cross posting as much as you did is probably not good practice....

HTH

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:23:33 GMT
ghbt croaked the following in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support...

> when i use account a and send an email to both a and b, it comes back to
> account 'a' alright. But it does not come into acount b. should it do so?

Only if you instruct your e-mail client to leave messages on the server,
otherwise as soon as you read it on account A this will delete it from
the server and it won't be available to download into account B.

--
Regards
frogman http://www.frogman.org.uk for free downloads and more...

If you think you're not confused, you're just not thinking too clearly