Windows find function non-consistent

Out of a large number of files of the type csv, I want to make use of the
standard "Find file" function that comes with Windows. This is to allow me to
locate which file(s) contains a certain piece of text. A very handy piece of
tools, I agree. (I can call out the function normally by typing control-F,
after openin up a folder with Windows Explorer.

If I copy these large number of files onto different Window xp machines, why
the "search for files" function yield so much different results. Also, my csv
file has columns separated by the standard comma character. I can open all
the files quickly by selecting file, using standard MS Excel. Athough I
encounter no problem to open any one of these files this way, I need this
handy method to find my files for other purposes.

Question 1: why dfferent machines response to the same windows function
differently,

1) on one xp machine, the find function can locate the file all the time
2) on the second machine, the first find always fails. But if I repeat using
the "find" function the second time, it could normally find it.
3) on the third machine (all machines run windows xp Professopma;), I could
never be successful in order to locate the file containing certain piece of
text.

Can someone explain the irrregularities in the "FIND" function, given all
are windows xp machines? This is question 1.

Second question, what if the files has a "non-text" character as delimitor
(such as char asccii value = 240 ? Will it affect whether the find function
will work. I've tested it but it never works. do I miss out anything?

Third question. If the record delimitor for all these files is s a line feed
character only, not the stanard line feed and carrige return character, will
the Windows Find function still work?.

Create this registry file and run it to change the default search behavior Search will usually only look for text inside of files
with a registered filetype association
---search_all_files.reg---
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*]