Installation problem on XP home 2002 version

i away face the same problem on my new XP home when install to my pc P4 1.8
g. with 256 ram. during installation it away stop at the "Setup is copying
files .... at 52% and stop at the " copying: usrdpa.dll or usrdtea.dll " the
whole system stop for more than an hour no moving, i try more than 10 time is
still the problem.
system menory check no problem, I can use the CD drive to install back my
old os, but only cannot install my new xp home oem. please help me thanks.

Hi,

Are you using a thrid party tool to partition and format the drive? If so,
try allowing WinXP setup to do this. Also make sure any BIOS av detection is
disabled.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jarren" <Jarren @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i away face the same problem on my new XP home when install to my pc P4 1.8
> g. with 256 ram. during installation it away stop at the "Setup is copying
> files .... at 52% and stop at the " copying: usrdpa.dll or usrdtea.dll "
> the
> whole system stop for more than an hour no moving, i try more than 10 time
> is
> still the problem.
> system menory check no problem, I can use the CD drive to install back my
> old os, but only cannot install my new xp home oem. please help me thanks.

Check the memory all you want. It won't tell you anything. I have been
involved in many cases where the RAM checks good by the inefficient software
testers, yet the O/S would NOT load. Changed the RAM and everything went
fine.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban