Internet explorer no longer opens multiple windows

March 17, 2005 7:47:02 AM

This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to have
more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search topoc
it would open a new window.
Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to this.

Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 8:07:04 AM

You might already know this, but if not, you can right-click on links and
select "open in new window". As for making it so every link opens a new
window, sorry, I can't help you there.

"Lydia" wrote:

> This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to have
> more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search topoc
> it would open a new window.
> Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to this.
>
> Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:16:17 AM

Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F837B524-9D2B-451E-975D-0C7BC17313F4@microsoft.com...
> This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to have
> more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search topoc
> it would open a new window.
> Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to this.
>
> Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?
March 17, 2005 11:19:18 AM

That is a function/condition of the web site you are visiting.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to
> have
> more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search
> topoc
> it would open a new window.
> Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to
> this.
>
> Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:45:32 AM

You might also try the following:
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.
On the Advanced page, put a check mark next to "Reuse windows for
launching shortcuts"

--
Nepatsfan

!