Internet explorer no longer opens multiple windows

This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to have
more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search topoc
it would open a new window.
Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to this.

Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?
4 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer longer opens multiple windows

    You might already know this, but if not, you can right-click on links and
    select "open in new window". As for making it so every link opens a new
    window, sorry, I can't help you there.

    "Lydia" wrote:

    > This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to have
    > more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search topoc
    > it would open a new window.
    > Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to this.
    >
    > Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?

    Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
    button.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F837B524-9D2B-451E-975D-0C7BC17313F4@microsoft.com...
    > This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to have
    > more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search topoc
    > it would open a new window.
    > Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to this.
    >
    > Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?

    That is a function/condition of the web site you are visiting.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been able to
    > have
    > more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a search
    > topoc
    > it would open a new window.
    > Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any solution to
    > this.
    >
    > Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how to fix?

    You might also try the following:
    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.
    On the Advanced page, put a check mark next to "Reuse windows for
    launching shortcuts"

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Lydia" <Lydia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This may seem like a dumb question but in the past i have been
    > able to have
    > more than one instance of explorer open and when i clicked on a
    > search topoc
    > it would open a new window.
    > Now it will only have 1 window open and i cannot find any
    > solution to this.
    >
    > Would anyone be able to tell me what could be happening and how
    > to fix?

Internet Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP