taskbar custom notifications

In XP Pro, I've looked at the taskbar properties, then using the "customize"
button, found that I have a large number of folders and files that were
nover on the taskbar (to my knowledge) to begin with. How can I delete these
files? The only options available seem to be: hide when inactive, always
hide, and always show. I want them deleted. Ive seached the Knowlege Base,
etc. to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!

Steve
1 answer Last reply
More about taskbar custom notifications

    How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Steve" wrote:

    | In XP Pro, I've looked at the taskbar properties, then using the "customize"
    | button, found that I have a large number of folders and files that were
    | nover on the taskbar (to my knowledge) to begin with. How can I delete these
    | files? The only options available seem to be: hide when inactive, always
    | hide, and always show. I want them deleted. Ive seached the Knowlege Base,
    | etc. to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!
    |
    | Steve

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP