Sign in with
Your question

Free gateway recovery disk download

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 18, 2012 5:30:49 AM

i am trying to make free copy of a gateway recovery disk from my home computer
a b D Laptop
March 18, 2012 5:49:50 AM

please be more specific. What is your computer model?

in general if you are running windows 7 or vista that came on it there should be an option to burm recovery disks. If you just need to do a recovery you should be able to do it from the recovery partition if it has one by pressing a button when you boot up.

If it did not come with disks or a partition, you can't create them, or you lost them you will have to contact gateway to get recovery disks for your model.
a c 572 D Laptop
March 18, 2012 2:03:42 PM

Hello mitcheal;

The 'free gateway recovery disk' would be the one you made from your computer when you first got it. That's what the Gateway manual recommended.
There is a hidden partition on the hard disk where that is located.
Do you still have the original hard disk?
Related resources
a c 572 D Laptop
March 18, 2012 2:04:42 PM

The 'free gateway recovery disk' would be the one you - should have - made from your computer when you first got it.
a b D Laptop
March 18, 2012 2:33:35 PM

WR2 said:
The 'free gateway recovery disk' would be the one you - should have - made from your computer when you first got it.

Something that almost all new computer owners never do and get desperate when the Windows or hard drive fails.
a c 248 D Laptop
March 18, 2012 3:18:57 PM

WR2 said:

Hi :) 

Hehe...

All the best Brett :) 
a b D Laptop
March 18, 2012 3:33:51 PM

Those comments are not at all helpful to the user. Most also have an option to make the recovery disks at any time that the o/s works with an included software program that is in the Start/programs menu.
January 7, 2013 12:25:34 AM

Quote:
Those comments are not at all helpful to the user. Most also have an option to make the recovery disks at any time that the o/s works with an included software program that is in the Start/programs menu.

I agree with danny2000 and would add it is bad business practice to throw the recovery on a partition and NOT provide actual backup dvds with the purchase. Shame on Gateway!
a c 248 D Laptop
January 7, 2013 12:33:23 AM

ethan_hines said:
Quote:

I agree with danny2000 and would add it is bad business practice to throw the recovery on a partition and NOT provide actual backup dvds with the purchase. Shame on Gateway!

Hi :) 

Almost ALL manufacturers have done this for years...no discs UNLESS YOU create them... it saves THEM money...

All the best Brett :) 
!