where in the registry are file association keys?

I have to change a file association via changing a registry key
directly. I know how to do it programmatically. What I need to know is
what registry keys need to be changed. Specifiically I need to associate
the file extension jsp with Internet explorer.

Thanks
Howie

Hi Howie,

Which Programming language do you use? Writing / reading from registry is
easy using VBScripts.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsmthregwrite.asp

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Howard Mintzer" <hmintzerNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I have to change a file association via changing a registry key directly. I
>know how to do it programmatically. What I need to know is what registry
>keys need to be changed. Specifiically I need to associate the file
>extension jsp with Internet explorer.
>
> Thanks
> Howie

Ramesh,
Sorry for the confusion. I program in dbase plus...my question is NOT
HOW to change the registry ( i can do that) its what keys need to be
changed to associate a file type (in this case jsp) with a program (in
this case IE) so that when i double click on myfile.jsp it loads and
runs in Internet Explorer

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Hi Howie,
>
> Which Programming language do you use? Writing / reading from registry
> is easy using VBScripts.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsmthregwrite.asp

HKCR\.JSP
(default) = jspfile

HKCR\jspfile\shell\open\command
"c:\Program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "%1"

Welcome to the MSDN Library:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/fileassociations/fileassoc.asp