SHUTDOWN PROBLEM?

dw

First of all I do not know if this the correct forum for this question, but
here goes.

I have a problem that judging by the time the fault occurs, my computer (XP
OS) is in the process of shutting down.

The next time I boot up my computer I get the Microsoft sending back report
pop-up window.

The pop-up is headed 'GENERIC HOST PROCESS FOR WIN32 SERVICES'.

The pop-up mentions two files that end in '...../svchost.exe.mdmp' and the
other one is '...../appcompat.txt'.

Anyone with ideas whats wrong and how I can resolve the situation?

Hi,

You can try the following:

Start>Run>msconfig

Remove all the unwanted items from the startup items from the startup tab

"DW" wrote:

> First of all I do not know if this the correct forum for this question, but
> here goes.
>
> I have a problem that judging by the time the fault occurs, my computer (XP
> OS) is in the process of shutting down.
>
> The next time I boot up my computer I get the Microsoft sending back report
> pop-up window.
>
> The pop-up is headed 'GENERIC HOST PROCESS FOR WIN32 SERVICES'.
>
> The pop-up mentions two files that end in '...../svchost.exe.mdmp' and the
> other one is '...../appcompat.txt'.
>
> Anyone with ideas whats wrong and how I can resolve the situation?

dw

Anyone with more info?