windows is very slow

i have a pc witch is very slow i have a program called sistem administrator
it tells me that theres errors on the pc by the way i have defragmented the
pc aswell is there a type of scandisk for windows xp

Byte

Start>Run>type MSCONFIG>click OK
Click the Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything except your anti-virus.
Click Apply and Close. Reboot.
Now you have a lean, mean computing machine.
Disabling does not delete anything. It only stops apps from loading at
startup and using valuable system resources. All apps work by just
clicking their respective icons.

"jakethegunner" wrote:

> i have a pc witch is very slow i have a program called sistem administrator
> it tells me that theres errors on the pc by the way i have defragmented the
> pc aswell is there a type of scandisk for windows xp

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509