some sistem tray icons are missing

hi

when i load up my pc some sistem tray icons are missing i have tried sistem
restore and still nuthing can any one help

Byte

Rightclick center of monitor/screen and under Arrange icons by
click "show desktop icons"
Also, under the Desktop tab click Customize desktop you can select
the system icons you want to display.

"jakethegunner" wrote:

> hi
>
> when i load up my pc some sistem tray icons are missing i have tried sistem
> restore and still nuthing can any one help

Hi, Jake.

What do you mean by "some sistem tray icons are missing"? Do you mean the
icons in the Notification Area (that area left of the clock, which we used
to call the System Tray, or SysTray)? WHICH icons are missing: Speaker?
Messenger? An application that you have installed? Or perhaps a program
that you are expecting to run failed to start.

Many programs and utilities have settings within them to control whether to
display their icons. For example, click Start | Control Panel | Sounds and
Audio Devices; under Device volume, you can check or uncheck the box to
Place volume icon in the taskbar.

For control of specific icons here, right-click the clock and choose
Customize notifications... Then on the General tab, click Customize... and
set each one to Always show, Always hide or Hide when inactive. Also, check
or clear the box to Hide inactive icons. Experiment here until you get the
results you want. You can also get to these settings by right-clicking
Start and choosing Properties, then the Taskbar tab.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"jakethegunner" <jakethegunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> when i load up my pc some sistem tray icons are missing i have tried
> sistem
> restore and still nuthing can any one help

Some older apps require that they be loaded AFTER startup, to show their icons in the "Notification" area.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509