SALE! Weekend Offer: Left 4 Dead 40% Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalkema

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]Is it as additive as TF2?[/citation]

Yup! It's a great game, and I'm a big TF2 player as well.

MayDay94

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
newegg was best deal in town, but now it's 40% off $40 = $24. I picked it up from steam months ago when they had a 50% off $50 deal.

yes, game is great, very addicting like tf2 and most valve games. the orange box $10 deal was better though. i am tempted to grab a second copy for my 2nd pc so when my cheap friends come over, we can coop.

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]esquire468[/nom]It has already been 44% off ($27.99) for some time now at newegghttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6832130061[/citation]
Yeah, but Steam lets you download direct to HD, so less waiting for 5 day shipping. If you want to save 2$ be my guest lol.

tri5cui7

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
This is a great opportunity for me to feed my addiction! I'm looking for a fix, now all we need is for episode 3 to come out.

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
just got the orange box deal last weekend (even though I own hl2 and hl2 episode 1 and have finished episode 2 and portal on friends computer) and it was a way better deal than this...I played the demo for L4D and seemed really fun, but for now TF2 is going to be the center of my attention...

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I refuse to pay more than $10 for an expansion. I'm hoping they come out with an episode 3/L4D package deal for $19.99.

Better yet. Why doesn't valve start making HL3!!!

theJ

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]radiowars[/nom]Yeah, but Steam lets you download direct to HD, so less waiting for 5 day shipping. If you want to save 2$ be my guest lol.[/citation]

Yeah but then you own an actual hard copy. Always preferable when you reformat every once in a while. Keeps the HDD clean too.

To each his own. Personally, i could wait 5 days no problem. Builds the anticipation :)

G

There's nothing stopping you from backing up your downloaded copy either to another hard drive (or NAS like I do) or to one or more DVD's.

MayDay94

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
[citation][nom]nonstoprobot[/nom]http://www.amazon.com/Left-4-Dead- [...] 044&sr=8-1 $27 @ amazon with free shipping. I'll pass.[/citation]
why pass? $24 on steam is better than $27@amazon or $28@newegg.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
As with all PC games I prefer to avoid innumerable bugs, patches and associated hypertension. A six month wait and I can get it for a few quid on eBay or Amazon...what's your rush?...it's just a game. Plus the contemporaneous "must have" next gen graphics card will be half the price by then.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I saw the Amazon price too. Plus isn't the DLC free? Which makes the upcoming GOTY edition seem pretty worthless especially since it's $10 more retail. I'm not impressed with this deal. The Orange Box deal was pretty sweet though. Too bad, I already owned it.

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Hey, we had to come up with something to replace quid once the Euro came in.[/citation]
I see :)
I was asking because that was the first time I'd seen the term. I'm neither American nor European, so I may be a little behind regarding currency slang ;)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]city_zen[/nom]I see I was asking because that was the first time I'd seen the term. I'm neither American nor European, so I may be a little behind regarding currency slang[/citation]

Oh no man, it's not slang. We use actual yoyos as currency. Those ones with the lights and shit? Those are like hundred dollar bills! :p

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Oh no man, it's not slang. We use actual yoyos as currency. Those ones with the lights and shit? Those are like hundred dollar bills![/citation]

Really? Cause I'd go and pay with yoyos.
Hell, any store accepting yoyos (variety for different amounts) as currency, I'd go to at 3AM in the damned morning.

[citation][nom]city_zen[/nom]LOLLeft4Dead weekend offer: 17.99 yoyosUsing actual yoyos as currency ... priceless[/citation]

Anti-fail.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Paying in click-clacks is far smarter: 10 yoyo's to 1 click-clack. Click-clacks are also better for bartering with as you can furiously intimidate the seller into lowering their price...

G

"Yeah but then you own an actual hard copy. Always preferable when you reformat every once in a while. Keeps the HDD clean too."

Actually, Steam is better if you reformat every once in a while. Steam will simply reload all of your games and you never need a cd to play. I prefer Steam downloads over CDs. I've purchased games years ago on Steam and still can play them, who knows where those CDs and codes are for non-steam games I purchased during the same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.