10 trivia

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Friends, I will give you till 12 noon EST. as I forget to mention a
couple more rules. There is no penalization for a wrong answer, but only
one "guess" for each. One point for EACH question right if the question
is a multiple one.

Wizard of Wall Street (W. O. W.)

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

An anonymous poster writing at 11:46 pm EDT (zone -4) says:

> Friends, I will give you till 12 noon EST.

Friend, this is a newsgroup, not a chat room or mailing list. People
don't necessarily see things as soon as you post them, both because
it may take time for the posting to be transmitted everywhere, and
because they may not be looking at that time. Nor do they necessarily
live in a country where EST means the time zone you think it does.

Nor do you, it appears. The local time here is currently EDT, in
which, as I post this, there are still about 45 minutes remaining
until that deadline.
--
Mark Brader "A healthy nation is as unconscious of its
Toronto nationality as a healthy man of his bones."

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

I forget we are worldwide sometimes and I can't keep up in a chat room.
I will go back to my regular stock discussion group
(MSN Invest stocks) and practice my typing and "mastering" my complex
webtv!
I am good at the market and I have a personal stock broker-no electronic
trading for me. I trade strips straps and straddles and spreads
(butterfly and calendar) and LEAP options. My success in the market is
buying high and selling higher, using a trailing stop-loss order, so I
was out of the dotcom debacle before it came. I preached the "Tulip Bulb
Mania" where tulip bulbs went from a few pennies to one bulb each
commanding and trading for a house (Today's equivalant of fifty thousand
dollars ) in a couple weeks one bulb was valued at a few cents! Another
generation much later in 1920's Germany got paid at least four times a
day to buy ANYTHING because the value of the mark deflated from one mark
to the equivalent of four Trillion . People got paid in wheelbarrows of
worthless marks! AND in the 20's was the Florida land boom where it was
common to see properties trade hands TEN times a day! People never learn
the Greater Fool Theory and they say it is somehow different this time.
So was the stock crash of 1929 and the depression bottoming in 1933
where there were Negative interest rates! In one bank panic one man
saved the entire country from going under. ONE MAN-His name was J. P.
Morgan. This is all true! Now people are "flipping" homes and property.
What comes next is the "B" word we call it on the Street (BUST) Yes, as
the fed continues to raise rates, mtgs. made to sub-par borrowers,
foreclosures will skyrocket as they are already (yet everyone seems
comfortable and confident this insanity can continue. Well, ladies and
gentlemen get ready for the Boom To BUST!

Caveat Emptor!

The Wizard of Wall Street