Missing icons in System Tray

Every now and again when my pc boots up (XP Home) all but the clock, my
Norton Virus Checker and the Internet connection icons disappear from the
system tray.

If I restart my computer this usually either puts all, or most, of them
back.

Has anyone else suffered from this and if so is there a solution?

Many thanks,

Noel
1 answer Last reply
More about missing icons system tray

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
    Scroll to: Notification Area - Icons Disappearing
    This happens for most Auto-Logon users. To see what the three methods/workarounds
    are visit the above site.

    Noel S Pamfree wrote:
    > Every now and again when my pc boots up (XP Home) all but the clock,
    > my Norton Virus Checker and the Internet connection icons disappear
    > from the system tray.
    >
    > If I restart my computer this usually either puts all, or most, of
    > them back.
    >
    > Has anyone else suffered from this and if so is there a solution?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Noel

Internet Connection Icons Windows XP