Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Geforce Go7600 GT driver?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 24, 2009 3:28:03 PM

Hey there,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S with a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT graphics card running on the Windows 7 RC. The problem I have is that I cannot seem to update the graphics card driver from the original prerelease driver.
I have tried the Nvidia driver pack for the notebook Go 7600 and it says unsupported hardware, I also tried the desktop driver pack for the 7600 GT and that also says unsupported hardware.

The release notes do mention that they wont work on Sony Vaios and to get oem drivers from them. However when I put my model number into the sony vaio support site I only get the option of Windows xp drivers.

Anybody have any suggestions as to how I can solve this?

More about : geforce go7600 driver

August 24, 2009 5:52:51 PM

Try going to Nvidia's web site directly it will take some digging to find your exact model of video card in your notebook but they should have some Windows 7 drivers for you :) 

Edit

Go here

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then choose "Geforce" Then "Geforce Go 7 Series"

Now you need to know if you will be running 32 or 64 bit :) 

Edit 2

32 Bit version here http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_...

64 Bit version here http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista6...

They say they are for Vista but they should work fine for 7 since Nvidia says they will :) 

Last Edit.....

I just reread your post LOL sorry these drivers may not help you.... try to install them anyway ?

unsupported hardware makes me sad :( 

By try them anyway I mean try to uncompress the install file (winrar does this) and dig around its guts to see what makes it tick...

From what I can see once you uncompress the Installer there are 2 Installers you could just click on and try after that I am kind of out of idea's and make some Nvidia expert could help you :) 

My notebook has a Via graphics card (graphics card is a cruel joke.....) so my ignorance is showing in this post, but I do try :) 
October 13, 2009 8:01:11 PM

JonathanDeane said:
Try going to Nvidia's web site directly it will take some digging to find your exact model of video card in your notebook but they should have some Windows 7 drivers for you :) 
I just reread your post LOL sorry these drivers may not help you.... try to install them anyway ?

unsupported hardware makes me sad :( 

Yes thanks so much for that incredibly unhelpful post, those drivers don't work with the 7600 GO. It appears that this chipset simply won't be updated for Windows 7, which is disappointing to say the least for a laptop chipset which is only 3 years old.

You can use the Vista drivers but they aren't perfect. A particularly annoying feature of the Vista drivers occurs in Win7 when you choose "do nothing" as an option for "choose what happens when I close the lid". The screen turns off when you close the lid but does not turn back on when you open it. :fou: 

I live in hope that MS will fix this, but for the moment I'm forced back to XP.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
October 13, 2009 8:18:14 PM

Why should Microsoft fix a product for Sony/nVidia when neither nVidia or Sony(apparently) are supporting it any longer?

November 19, 2009 12:43:59 PM

Dear friend

I have the same problem as you. Did you find any solution?
November 19, 2009 8:12:23 PM

The Nvidia Download Site will scan your PC if you are not certain what driver you need . It's worth a try.
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2009 10:08:55 PM

This is a mind-numbingly nOOb-stupid thread.
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2009 10:29:20 PM

athlos said:
Dear friend

I have the same problem as you. Did you find any solution?

Do you know JonathanDean? You should read what He had to say to you're friend.
January 14, 2010 7:48:11 AM

I've got my AR21S running on Windows 7 with full 1080p support using a small hack in an updated Nvidia driver. If you still require this driver let me know.

Moderator Edit: Please do not post your email address expecting a reply. You will not receive one.
January 21, 2010 5:42:54 AM

bushbert said:
Okay people, quite a few of you are obviously having trouble here. The following driver has been modified to work with Geforce 7600 Go. This will give you full 1080p support under Windows 7. Enjoy!!!

http://www.4shared.com/file/197615792/ff126789/16743_vi...

Hi

Having the same problem (Go 7600 in a ACER idea 511) I tried to install your driver. Unfourtunately the installation procedure stops with a message to not have found a supported hardware (chip). As I am new to the Windows 7 world, is there anything I have to do prior to the installation.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance and best regards
January 21, 2010 7:27:36 AM

CrazyDodo said:
Hi

Having the same problem (Go 7600 in a ACER idea 511) I tried to install your driver. Unfourtunately the installation procedure stops with a message to not have found a supported hardware (chip). As I am new to the Windows 7 world, is there anything I have to do prior to the installation.
Do you have any idea?

Hi

The reason its not working is that each hardware manufacturer takes Nvidia's driver and puts there own extra little bits in it. Therefore each different notebook manufacturer will use different hardware device id's even if the underlying hardware is identical. What to do is post your hardware device id's and I will repost an amended config file for the driver to suit your settings. You can get these settings by going into device manager (control panel > system > device manager). Under display adapters you will find your graphics adapter, right click and go to properties. Go to the settings tab and select hardware id's.

Cheers

J
January 21, 2010 2:39:19 PM

Hi Bushbert

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.
The device manager only shows a standard vga device and the driver is a standard microsoft vga driver.

Following information is shown:

Hardware Id:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_01041025&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_01041025
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&CC_0300

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Is that useful to you?

Just to give the complet picture... the ACER idea 511 is linked to a HP w2558hc monitor using a HDMI-HDMI cable. The ACER does additionally have a DVI-I conncetor. The monitor has a DVI-I interface too - I just haven't use those because I do not have a DVI-DVI cable and I would like to have the sound transmitted as well through the HDMI cable. Do you think that this could cause a problem? Should I try to replace the current HDMI cable by a DVI-DVI cable (plus a separate audio cable) ?

Thanks a lot, I very much appreciate your support.

Best regards

January 22, 2010 9:13:58 AM

CrazyDodo said:
Hi Bushbert

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.
The device manager only shows a standard vga device and the driver is a standard microsoft vga driver.

Following information is shown:

Hardware Id:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_01041025&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_01041025

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Is that useful to you?

Just to give the complet picture... the ACER idea 511 is linked to a HP w2558hc monitor using a HDMI-HDMI cable. The ACER does additionally have a DVI-I conncetor. The monitor has a DVI-I interface too - I just haven't use those because I do not have a DVI-DVI cable and I would like to have the sound transmitted as well through the HDMI cable. Do you think that this could cause a problem? Should I try to replace the current HDMI cable by a DVI-DVI cable (plus a separate audio cable) ?

Thanks a lot, I very much appreciate your support.

Best regards

Please replace the following file in the installation files that you already downloaded and try re-running setup. Hopefully this time it should recognise your hardware.

Cheers

j

http://www.4shared.com/file/203998174/6dbeb1b4/nv_disp....
January 22, 2010 11:53:20 AM

Hello

I´am looking for Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 GT drivers for my Sony Vaio VGN-AR31S.
All Drivers from Sony or Nvidia don´t work.
My Operrating System is Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit.

Does everybody know a driver for me or how I can solve the problem.

At the moment Windows 7 install the VGA-Standard driver.

Thanks a lot for your help

mpoehl
January 22, 2010 12:10:58 PM

bushbert said:
Please replace the following file in the installation files that you already downloaded and try re-running setup. Hopefully this time it should recognise your hardware.

Cheers

j

Hello I´am again,

your driver I have also testet but it is only for 32 Bit.

Did you know a 64 Bit solution for me.

thx a lot mpoehl
January 23, 2010 7:02:37 PM

mpoehl said:
Hello I´am again,

your driver I have also testet but it is only for 32 Bit.

Did you know a 64 Bit solution for me.

thx a lot mpoehl

I reply my self

but I have found a solution for my an perhaps problem with your Vaio Notebooks.

go to the Vaio support page and type your serial and modelnumber.

Look for a text with unoffical drivers for 64 Bit on a japanees server.

the URL is: http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/unofficial/64/001.h...

but you must have read the EULA first to make a choise of a download.

My Notebook VGA AR31S work with the Vista 64 Bit driver in an Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit version very well. No problems I have found.

All Games and configuration work!

It might be that everbody how have a Vaio will be found a driver for Win 7 64bit here.

Your mpoehl
January 24, 2010 12:22:45 PM

bushbert said:

Cheers

j

Hi Bushbert,

I'm running windos 7 64 bit on Rock Pegasus 665 laptop with the go 7600 and cant find any drivers that work. I see that you have modified a driver to work for the 32bit version of win 7. Is there any way you could modify it for the 64bit version, or direct me somewhere that could solve my problem?

Thanks
Jon
January 24, 2010 1:21:23 PM

bushbert said:

Cheers

j

Hi Bushbert

Thank you very much for the config file. Meanwhile I was able to install an old vista driver from nivida (provided by acer) and the resolution is now ok. The driver information shows version 7.15.10.9748 (date: 10.12.2006). Do you think the version 167.43 that you provided (incl. the separarte config file) is worth to install? Is there a risk, that I can not reinstall the current version again ?

By the way, since there is no sound on my monitor, I guess that the audio signals are not transfered trough HDMI. Is there a way to see, if my computer is basically able to do so? Or do I need a parallel cable anyhow. ?
(the sound board is a Realtek with driver 6.0.1.6013 (date: 25.12.2009).

Again thanks a lot for your support....

Best regards

January 24, 2010 6:18:50 PM

I've managed to find a driver (179.48) that works, on laptopvideotogo.com, by using the inf file provided by their website. It works on win7 64bit.

Hope this helps anyone
January 25, 2010 2:24:40 PM

CrazyDodo said:
Hi Bushbert

Thank you very much for the config file. Meanwhile I was able to install an old vista driver from nivida (provided by acer) and the resolution is now ok. The driver information shows version 7.15.10.9748 (date: 10.12.2006). Do you think the version 167.43 that you provided (incl. the separarte config file) is worth to install? Is there a risk, that I can not reinstall the current version again ?

By the way, since there is no sound on my monitor, I guess that the audio signals are not transfered trough HDMI. Is there a way to see, if my computer is basically able to do so? Or do I need a parallel cable anyhow. ?
(the sound board is a Realtek with driver 6.0.1.6013 (date: 25.12.2009).

Again thanks a lot for your support....

Best regards

Hi

No harm at all, just go into device manager, find the adapter as before and then do update driver pointing it the location of updated driver and modded inf file. This will update for you.

You can always get back to where you were before by uninstalling the driver through device manager too.

In terms of your sound, you're probably getting sound output via HDMI too. Do you have another audio out connectors i.e. Optical?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
March 11, 2010 1:03:40 PM

Can you help me to solve this problem. I'm very tired of it.

Hardware id
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_81EF104D&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_81EF104D

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Thank a lot
June 2, 2010 7:27:29 PM

bushbert said:
Okay people, quite a few of you are obviously having trouble here. The following driver has been modified to work with Geforce 7600 Go. This will give you full 1080p support under Windows 7. Enjoy!!!

hey bushbert can you help me out with my 7400 go? i'm running win 7 32bits version on my sony vaio vgn-fe21b and i'm clueless about the solution.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2010 8:57:33 AM

Hi! I had the same problem with NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600. I've tried all drivers and failed :( ( But I solve the problem. In device manager choose your Graphics Controller, next smth like "Update Driver" next smth like "Find drivers on this computer. Install drivers manually" next "Choose driver from the list of already installed" next unchek "Only compared devices". Then choose from the list "NVIDIA" and model name. I choose NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT and it helped

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia )

P.P.S. Of course I have a Russian Windows 7, that's why you see smth like "Find drivers on this computer. Install drivers manually" I don't know how this buttons are called in English version of OS
August 2, 2010 8:29:35 AM

bushbert said:
I've got my AR21S running on Windows 7 with full 1080p support using a small hack in an updated Nvidia driver. If you still require this driver let me know.

Moderator Edit: Please do not post your email address expecting a reply. You will not receive one.

Hi bushbert,

i am desperately in need of your help.

i recently upgraded my< HP dv9207us notebook from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit>. At first the new W7 couldn't pick up my NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 graphic card, so the screen was only standard VGA. Later i installed the driver for Go 7600. This installed driver (179.48) worked for couples of hours, then the screen appears black and white horizontal lines and went black screen, then restart windows.

i tried to find a new driver to solve the problem but obviously there's none. Can u please help me with this?

thank you soooooo soooooo much! i REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE your help!!
January 1, 2011 10:19:33 AM

Hi

My hardware ID's are:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0399&SUBSYS_81FD104D&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0399&SUBSYS_81FD104D
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0399&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0399&CC_0300

I'm running 32 bit Windows 7, I would really appreciate it if you could sort some drivers for me also, thanks in advance.

Thanks Again
James
July 27, 2011 9:12:26 PM

bushbert said:

Hi,
Do you mind posting this driver again? 4shared.com says "The file link that you requested is not valid."

I have indeed upgraded to Windows 7, my Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S with NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

I could really use that driver.

Thanks,

Jan
September 8, 2011 1:07:30 PM

Hi Bushbert,

Do you mind posting this driver again? 4shared.com says "The file link that you requested is not valid."

I have indeed upgraded to Windows 7, my Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S with NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

I could really use that driver. My Laptop is dying. Just finished a full backup.

Thanks,

Jan
October 8, 2011 3:13:27 PM

felix_de_kat said:
Hi Bushbert,

I could really use that driver. My Laptop is dying. Just finished a full backup.

Thanks,

Jan

Hi,

just in case you still looking for a reply,

I have had the same headache trying to upgrade my AR21s with the same nVidia 7600 card to a Window 7 system.

I finally got it all working. Running 32 bit (to get full chance of compatibility with drivers and with my max at 2GB RAM, I decided that would be good for me). To clarify, Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, on a Vaio AR21s with a T7200 running at 2.0 GHZ with 2GB RAM on 2x 500GB Samsung HDD.

The trick is to use the upgraded VISTA drivers on the support site (under the VISTA tab). I used the UK support site as originally my unit came from there.

You may need to start the install sequence with basic drivers first, as when on the first try I went straight to the nVidia video driver, i could not get control of my brightness, forcing me to work with a very dark screen. I uninstalled the driver, proceeded with the other drivers and utilities first then got back to the nVidia one and all is now fully functional with updated drivers for my sound, BluRay player etcetc as well.

Hope this will help!
a c 517 U Graphics card
a c 371 $ Windows 7
November 8, 2011 7:22:20 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!