Sign in with
Your question

Hardware Certification Options?

Last response: in Business Computing
July 5, 2012 2:28:06 PM

I am not sure if this is the right category to be putting this question in so i will apologize in advance if that's the case. I am 17 Years old, and i want to work in the field of computer hardware and i plan on getting A+ certified, I am studying right now for it. I know A+ certification is not that big of a deal so i want to get more certifications that would get me a job in computer hardware. I was wondering what other certifications i should get after my A+ certification.
July 5, 2012 3:59:55 PM

Most of the issues I see are software related. While the hardware knowledge is important, the Microsoft certifications and maybe some others will be just as important, and maybe even more important.
Related resources
July 5, 2012 5:27:21 PM

Certifications are great but have you considered getting an Engineering degree?
July 5, 2012 5:33:52 PM

Hi :) 

As above ^^^^^

Get a degree....

All the best Brett :) 
July 5, 2012 5:45:54 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

As above ^^^^^

Get a degree....

All the best Brett :) 

of course! :D 
July 5, 2012 5:47:48 PM

Pinhedd said:
Certifications are great but have you considered getting an Engineering degree?

I do plan on going to college but for now i want to see how many certifications i can get before i get into college, as for a degree im not quite sure yet!
July 5, 2012 6:09:36 PM

Consider these degrees:

Computer or electrical or software engineering
Computer Science
Info Systems Management

Also, in addition to the many certs recommended above, look at some of the othe security and other OS (like Linux) certification programs. Many are out there.
July 6, 2012 9:06:30 AM

emoney123 said:
I do plan on going to college but for now i want to see how many certifications i can get before i get into college, as for a degree im not quite sure yet!

Good for you man, seriously. Getting certifications won't help you too much on the course content in the first few years (it's mostly all math, but its worth it) but may come in handy later on. Either way, they heavily compliment each other. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electronic Engineering are 3 of the best degrees which you can get.
!