Sign in with
Your question

Win 8 preview after installation shows black screen

Last response: in Windows 8
August 11, 2012 2:38:30 PM

i'm using dell inspiron laptop. having original win7 home basic. i tried to install win 8. all procedure went fine. but after laptop got restarted in showed just a black screen for more than 30 minutes. i siwtched of the laptop and switched on it says an eroor occured during installation. but actually installation was over then it showed black screen
September 4, 2012 10:41:21 AM

Did you replace windows7 with windows8? If u did that's probably a bad idea
m
l
September 4, 2012 11:41:11 AM

Well..it seems like you have not upgraded but did a fresh install of Windows 8 replacing the previous one. If you have done so, there might be some problems like this was just a preview version not a full install. By the way, is it working fine now ?
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2012 12:18:26 PM

naveenchilz said:
i'm using dell inspiron laptop. having original win7 home basic. i tried to install win 8. all procedure went fine. but after laptop got restarted in showed just a black screen for more than 30 minutes. i siwtched of the laptop and switched on it says an eroor occured during installation. but actually installation was over then it showed black screen

Hello ,

This happend to me after installing windows 8 fresh it istalled ok and after installation the screen is black I almost thought windows 8 is not good idea for me , then what I did is pluged the a another monitor to my laptop and her gooos the windows 8 is showing on that monitor ;

It seems that the monitor is having a issue in the laptop my laptop is a del inspiron n5110 please can you let me how to solve this prob if you know about it
m
l
October 27, 2012 7:15:21 PM

Make sure you have the latest bio update. I was also getting the black screen after I first installed Windows 8, I then went ahead and updated my laptop bios, and sure enough it worked. Do note that you must have a working operating system in order to install the bios update( I had to reinstall windows 7-->bios update--->re-install windows 8).
m
l
!