dell precision 650 and Ulsata

anyone know of the siginificance of the following eventlog item on a fairly
new dell precision 650 with dual SATA drivers

Event ID:7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
UlSata

the driver itself is listed in my computer, manage, device manager, view,
show hidden devices, non-plug and play drivers with a yellow exclamation
mark

dblclicking on it shows "..device not present, is not working properly or
does not have all it's drivers installed (Code 24)"

clicking on driver details shows c:\windows\system32\drivers\ulsata.sys
provider promise technologies
file version 1.00.0050.3
copyright 1998-2002 promise technologies

any suggestions on how to fix this or if important at all?

"Nina Harris" <sas@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> anyone know of the siginificance of the following eventlog item on a
> fairly
> new dell precision 650 with dual SATA drivers
>
> Event ID:7026
> The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
> UlSata
>
> the driver itself is listed in my computer, manage, device manager, view,
> show hidden devices, non-plug and play drivers with a yellow exclamation
> mark
>
> dblclicking on it shows "..device not present, is not working properly or
> does not have all it's drivers installed (Code 24)"
>
> clicking on driver details shows c:\windows\system32\drivers\ulsata.sys
> provider promise technologies
> file version 1.00.0050.3
> copyright 1998-2002 promise technologies
>
> any suggestions on how to fix this or if important at all?

Sounds like the device driver for your Promise (SATA) RAID controller
(onboard) has gotten mucked up somehow.

Are you using the RAID feature on this system?

Stew