Pretend for a minute with me..

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
ok..

Pretend for a minute with me that Nvidia DOES snap out of the funk and gets some kick arse application specific drivers that open up a can of woop arse in HL2. Fantastic! Everyone will be happy because both ATI and Nvidia cards will perform. But...that will only be in Half Life 2....and they'll have to code new ones for EVERY SINGLE DX9 GAME. How freakin frustrating is that? If we get a flood of games onto the market..will they be able to keep up?

<font color=blue>other people's lives
seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Modest Mouse</font color=green>

TKS

fragglefart

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
Ah it'll be ok... little 5900Ultra can just chill in DX8 at awesome speeds for now... i will get another card in a years time, i can live without DX9 til then, thousands of others will be.

This'l teach me to spend so much on a graphics card! :D

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Good point man....I think you're right. Press on FX! Harbringer of DirectX 8 dominance!!!

<font color=blue>other people's lives
seem more interesting
cuz they aint mine
</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Modest Mouse</font color=green>

TKS

fragglefart

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
Hahaha! Still, anyone wanna swap a GeforceFX5900 Ultra for a Radeon9600Pro?
Anyone???

Hello?.....

(Wind gusts through the empty forum...)

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...

cleeve

Illustrious
Yeah...

You won't find a self-respecting 9600 PRO owner who would trade his card for a pathetic 5900 ULTRA...

heheh

------------------
Radeon 9500 (modded to PRO w/8 pixel pipelines)
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3529

Actually I'd do it if I could be assured of a Quadro softmod. Since the R9600P in my machine will likely lose it's place come Q1 of '04, then having a Quadro-like card in my Video rig would be nice for Maya and such.

Oh well, that would be once I have the replacement in place though. Also wouldn't want to struggle with removind Det driver in a year or two's time. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
Depends on how much I can get for it on e-bay. Maby I could sell it and get a 9700Pro.

What the hell? What am I thinking? the possibility I might be stuck with that crap card? Nah, forget it. I love my card!!

As each day goes by, I hug my 9600Pro just a little tighter.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well wait first for the detonators and see if the FX still sucks (and maybe some other DX9 games as well)

If it still sucks like a toothless granny with a big morgage then flog it off on ebay to some unsuspecting sap.

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>