incorrect display of date and time after reboot

Lars

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Help!!!
I am experiencing this issue after booting up the following day, incorrect
display of date and time. The time and day changes, each day I reset the time
and re-synchronize with the Microsoft time server.
Could this be a virus, I have he XP Firewall active, my Firewall active on
the wireless access and Norton Antivirus is up to date. Full system scan (2)
twice has come up with nothing. I also installed spybot, and i cleaned all
items it found.
Still this issue with the date and time keeps changing after boot up.
All help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
LarS

"LarS" <LarS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!!!
> I am experiencing this issue after booting up the following day, incorrect
> display of date and time. The time and day changes, each day I reset the
> time
> and re-synchronize with the Microsoft time server.
> Could this be a virus, I have he XP Firewall active, my Firewall active on
> the wireless access and Norton Antivirus is up to date. Full system scan
> (2)
> twice has come up with nothing. I also installed spybot, and i cleaned all
> items it found.
> Still this issue with the date and time keeps changing after boot up.
> All help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
> LarS

It could be a dead CMOS battery. I would replace it. Located on the
Motherboard and looks like a wrist-watch battery.

--
William

Lars

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

William,
Thank you, Did even think about the dead CMOS battery, I'll give it a try
over the weekend.
Much Thanks....-LarS